Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (18) ~ The Fall Release I'm Most Excited For

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What am I waiting on?

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Releasing October 14th, 2014 by Balzer + Bray

Goodreads description:
A heartbroken girl. A fierce warrior. A hero in the making.

Sixteen years ago the Kingdom of Winter was conquered and its citizens enslaved, leaving them without magic or a monarch. Now, the Winterians’ only hope for freedom is the eight survivors who managed to escape, and who have been waiting for the opportunity to steal back Winter’s magic and rebuild the kingdom ever since.

Orphaned as an infant during Winter’s defeat, Meira has lived her whole life as a refugee, raised by the Winterians’ general, Sir. Training to be a warrior—and desperately in love with her best friend, and future king, Mather — she would do anything to help her kingdom rise to power again.

So when scouts discover the location of the ancient locket that can restore Winter’s magic, Meira decides to go after it herself. Finally, she’s scaling towers, fighting enemy soldiers, and serving her kingdom just as she’s always dreamed she would. But the mission doesn’t go as planned, and Meira soon finds herself thrust into a world of evil magic and dangerous politics – and ultimately comes to realize that her destiny is not, never has been, her own. 
Just how excited am I for Snow Like Ashes? Let me count the ways . . .
  1. I consider this book to be the fall release I'm most excited for.
  2. I thought it sounded like an amazing fantasy even before the cover was revealed. This shows that this book is a lot more than just a pretty cover--captured my attention before I could judge it by its appearance.
  3. THAT COVER. I LOVE IT.
  4. I've hung two buttons I won on a note above my desk and pinned a third onto my purse.
  5. After the cover was revealed, I had the cover as my phone background for a bit. I also made the cover the background on my laptop, and I still haven't changed it.
  6. If I could only receive one ARC (including digital ones) for the rest of the year, I would want it to be this one. I'm that excited about it.
  7. A lot of other people are excited about reading this one, so that just feeds my own excitement for it!
  8. The book releases five days before my birthday. I was obviously meant to read it.
  9. I just have this good feeling about this book, and I usually end up enjoying books I have good feelings about.
If you haven't done so yet, you should add Snow Like Ashes to Goodreads! I hope you're excited for this one as much as I am!

What are you waiting on this week?

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow this sounds awesome! I've seen it around before but this is the first time I read the synopsis, and I'm now really excited for it too :D Thanks for featuring it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you're excited for it now!

      Delete
  2. Just saw this on someone else's WoW! Yeah--looks great. :) I'm not ashamed--after your enthusiasm--to tell you I hadn't even heard of it before today. Eeep! It's on my radar now, though, for sure! :)

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I helped put the book on your radar. :)

      Delete
  3. I've seen this one around a couple times today. I'd not heard of it before, but I'm definitely interested in reading it too!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you've become interested in this one!

      Delete
  4. Eh, not really my type of read, but I hope that you enjoy reading this when you do! :D
    Waiting on Wednesday
    Dress Up That Cover #4

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 days before your birthday? How perfect! :) This one sounds great. Thanks for sharing, Kaitlin! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is going to make a good birthday present to myself. :) You're welcome!

      Delete
  6. Great pick! I like you new blog design also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AH! This was one of my picks a few weeks ago too!! Great minds think alike, huh? ;) I'm glad you are just as excited for it as I am! PLUS THAT COVER! *le sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.