Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (16) ~ Kiersten White Has a New One!

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What am I waiting on?

In the Shadows by Kiersten White and Jim Di Bartolo
Releasing April 29th, 2014 by Scholastic Press
Goodreads description:
From the remarkable imagination of acclaimed artist Jim Di Bartolo and the exquisite pen of bestselling author Kiersten White comes a spellbinding story of love, mystery, and dark conspiracy, told in an alternating narrative of words and pictures.

Cora and Minnie are sisters living in a small, stifling town where strange and mysterious things occur. Their mother runs the local boarding house. Their father is gone. The woman up the hill may or may not be a witch. 

Thomas and Charles are brothers who’ve been exiled to the boarding house so Thomas can tame his ways and Charles can fight an illness that is killing him with increasing speed. Their family history is one of sorrow and guilt. They think they can escape from it . . . but they can’t. 
 Why am I waiting on it?

I've read almost all of Kiersten White's released books (I own the only one I haven't read yet, The Chaos of Stars), and I really like them! They're really interesting and creative, and In the Shadows looks so different than the Paranormalcy and Mind Games series. So, I'm curious. How's her newest one going to turn out?

Plus, there's pictures. I'm really interested in what Jim Di Bartolo's art and art story will turn out to be like.

Some of Kiersten White's other books:

That's my WoW this week! What's yours?

12 comments:

  1. LOL, my friend was raving about this book yesterday and how pretty are all illustrations. I hope you'll love it.

    Glass @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not heard of this one but it sounds like it ill be interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, yes, I saw this one on Goodreads! I cannot wait to check it out. And Jim is Laini Taylor's husband, right? He is super talented! I hope you love this one, Kaitlin!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is! I hadn't known that until earlier this month. I hope I love it too!

      Delete
  4. It does sound different, I haven't read any of her others apart from Mind Games & Perfect Lies (which I loved), so *fingers crossed* :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, *fingers crossed* I really hope it's a good one.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read anything by Kiersten White, but this one sounds pretty interesting! I need to keep my eye on this :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Mind Games! Still have to get Perfect Lies. I like Kiersten White's writing and her style of narrating! Will definitely check out her other books!
    Angel @ Spare Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the Mind Games series. :) Kiersten White is a great author.

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.