Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Blogger Spotlight ~ Jules from Jules Bookshelf


I have another spotlight today! Jules is the blogger behind Jules Bookshelf, which (as you can see below) is a very cute blog. Here are two important things you need to know about her (from her About Me page):
Two important things you should know about me is that I am an absolute hopeless-romantic. I swoon over a lot of things, and I spend half of the day, fan-girling about Ian Somerhalder, Jack Harries and my top book boyfriend (for now ;D) Daemon Black. The second thing you should know about me is that I might be the most quirkiest person you might ever meet. Add to the fact that I'm like a walking energizer battery, that pretty much makes me a weirdo.
 You can find Jules at her blog, Twitter, Tumblr, and Goodreads.

Enjoy the interview!

Hi Jules!

First, tell me a random fact about yourself.


Hmm... I have a thing for guys with a pronounced jawline.

What was one of coolest parts about the book signing you recently went to?


There were a lot of cool parts when I went to my first book signing event. But I think the most important part of that day was meeting my fellow book bloggers. 

It was a daunting day for me since I just got out of high school, and I was basically alone. But I managed to go through the day without a hitch because of good company.

What are a few lesser known books that you highly recommend reading?

The Premonition Series by Amy A. Bartol. Its a story about angels and other fantasy stuff. Its one of the books I love even after two years of reading. 

Do you ever listen to music while reading?

Whenever I'm travelling (riding a bus, or any other transport), I end up reading and listening to music. My latest fave music to hear when reading is Daft Punk by Pentatonix. There's something about it that helps me read faster.

What would you like to see more of in YA?

Something more touching. Something that would touch people's hearts more. Something more than the romance I enjoy. One of the books that touched me was Slammed by Colleen Hoover. I guess I connected with Layken there.

What is one of your favorite parts about being a book blogger?

Sharing my reviews and talking with my fellow bookish friends. Stalking authors' using their IG and Twitter hahahaha. #Ranserehforevaaaaaaaaaaaah

What is your favorite kind of romance in a book?

Everything? Hahaha. Hmmm. I guess the kind of a relationship as if he/she were you're bestfriend. You tease and insult each other, but the love and caring is still there. I love those kinds of romances.

Lastly, pick one of your book boyfriends and tell me why he’s amazing.

Why just one!? This is hard..... for now I'll pick Daemon Black because he's the one who first popped up in my mind. But then there's Aiden, and Andrew and Augustus. :D

Thank you for answering my questions!

5 comments:

  1. I like all these spotlights I have been saying. And trust me, I have a lot of fictional crushes too. Like Edilio from Light by Michael Grant *faints clean away*

    As I was saying *ahem* being quirky and unique is awesome. Keep it up ;)

    Check out my book review: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/05/a-thousand-splendid-suns-book-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Interview, her blog is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'I have a thing for guys with a pronounced jawline.' BAHAHAHA. Great way to open the interview, Jules. I'm more of a nice-arms type of girl. ;) Totally agree with your Ransereh obsession. They are too cute. BEST FRIEND ROMANCES YES. <3 But Daemon!? *hits you* Hahaha!

    Sorry for this super incoherent comment, Kaitlin. Great interview questions!

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, Aimee. I really liked how Jules opened up the interview too! :D

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.