Saturday, May 24, 2014

Booktuber Spotlight ~ Katie Mazur

Today, I'm featuring Katie, the first booktuber I've ever interviewed! The booktube community is a foreign one to me (I hardly ever go on YouTube), but it's really interesting to learn more about it.

As I've mentioned many times before, I'm not very good at introducing people, so I'll give you Katie's latest book review instead.


Find her on: 


What made you start booktubing in the first place?

I discovered the booktubing community in the fall of 2012 and absolutely fell in love with it. I loved that there was a place where people could talk about books. My main reason for starting a booktube channel was that I wanted share my opinions on books that I loved reading. Booktube incorporates two of my favorite things: books and sharing my opinions.

What are some of the booktube channels that you love to watch the most?

Another amazing thing about the booktube is the community. From the time I started booktube to now, I have discovered so many amazing people and their channels. One of my favorite channels is WhittyNovels. The creator of the channel, Whitney, is such a nice person. Her videos are hilarious and always make me laugh. Another one of my favorite booktubers is Kassidy Voinche. She has the best bookshelf and her book reviews are always very eloquent. She is so professional and we have the same taste in books, so I discover a lot of awesome new books on her channel.

Do you have a favorite kind of video to film? (Book hauls, reviews, reactions, etc.)

My favorite kind of videos to film would probably be discussion videos. I love picking a topic and being able to share my opinions on said topic. One of my favorite discussions that I made is called "popular books not worth their hype." In that video I talked about books that a lot of people enjoyed, but I did not. 

What is your favorite genre inside of YA and your favorite genre outside of YA?

My favorite genre outside of YA would probably be the classics. I love reading books that have withstood the test of time. Some of my favorites include Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

Pick one author who you've read two or more books by and tell me why you love his or her books.

One of my favorite authors would have to be Lauren Oliver. I think I've read almost every one of her books! My favorite thing about Lauren Oliver is her writing style. It is very beautiful and poetic. She manages to tell a story in a way different from any other author I have read. She uses vivid descriptions to tell such amazing stories.

What is one of your bookish pet peeves?

I really dislike when books do not have adequate character development. One of my favorite things about reading is being to fall in love with the characters that are created in the pages of books. When there is little to no character development, I don't get to experience the relationship between reader and character. Character development often makes or breaks a book for me, and more often than not, I have given books low ratings because of the amount of character development in the book.

What may releases are you looking forward to reading the most?

I am really looking forward to the release of City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, the last book of the Mortal Instruments series. I have been reading this series for years and I can't wait to see how it ends! I am also highly anticipating Take Me On by Katie McGarry. The Pushing the Limits series has some of the best contemporaries, and I am sure that I will love this one as well.

Besides reading, what do you like to do?

I love watching baseball. It has been my favorite sport since I was little and I love following my favorite team, the Philadelphia Phillies. I also love to watch TV and YouTube videos.

Thank you so much for interviewing me and asking such great questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.