Friday, May 9, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (18) ~ Book Haul for the Past Month

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves.

My last Stacking the Shelves was from April 13th because I skipped my last STS post, so here are all the books I've added to my bookshelves since then.

~~~
For My Kindle

Freebies
Endless by Amanda Gray
Let Me Go by L.L. Akers (I've already read this one!)
Catch by Michelle D. Argyle

Bought
The Blue-Haired Boy by Courtney C. Stevens

Faking Normal is my favorite read of the year so far, so I really want to read the novella. Run to You sounds so good. I just interviewed the author, and right after I read her responses to my questions, I bought the book.

Won
My Not So Super Sweet Life by Rachel Harris
Fragile Line by Brooklyn Skye

Thank you, Rachel Harris!
For Review


E-ARCS
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (I'm so excited for this!!)
Blackbird by Anna Carey
Get Even by Gretchen McNeil
Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios
Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker
Kiss Kill Vanish by Jessica Martinez

*Shakes head at self* I have bad self-control when it comes to Harper's Edelweiss titles.

Thank you to HarperCollins (and its YA imprints)!

Bookshelf Additions
I won a huge giveaway that Spencer Hill Press and Erica Cameron were hosting in March, and the prize included a couple books, a gift card, a necklace, swag, and one random book a month until February of 2015. All but two of my new print books are on my shelf because of the giveaway, so I have to give a huge thanks to Spencer Hill Press and Erica Cameron!

Purchases
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (I finally have a copy of this amazing book!)
Vicious by V.E. Schwab
Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

The gift card I won covered at least half of this order's total, and the remaining was covered by a different gift card.☺ I'm so excited to finally have Vicious and All Our Yesterdays. I've been wanting to buy them for months!

For Review
Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols

Thank you, Jennifer! I'm really looking forward to reviewing this soon.

Won
The Lonesome Young by Lucy Conners
A Whisper in Time by Elizabeth Langston
Sing Sweet Nightingale by Erica Cameron
Camp Payback by J.K. Rock
Gilded by Christina S. Farley
Swamp Angel by Colleen Boyd
Olivia Twisted by Vivi Barnes

I won The Lonesome Young during the Young Adult Scavenger Hunt (thank you, Lucy!), but all the rest of these ones are from Spencer Hill Press.

Library
Nothing
What did you get this week? 

28 comments:

  1. Wow! So many great books. Hope you enjoy reading them all.

    My STS @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have one big and awesome haul! I loved The Unbecoming. Hope you enjoy it as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jules! I actually read The Unbecoming a long time ago. I loved it, and I've been meaning to get a copy of the book for a couple years.

      Delete
  3. LOOKS AT SNOW LIKE ASHES AND GET EVEN *freaks out* Excuse me while I go all grabby hands on your haul. Sooo many books and I spot the unbecoming among them (love it!) Hope you enjoy and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many fantastic looking books, huh? I really do hope I love them!

      Delete
  4. Vicious is in my top ten favorite books ever! Hope you like it, and what an awesome book haul! Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny! I've heard so many amazing things about Vicious, and I'm really looking forward to reading it. I hope I love it!

      Delete
  5. What a great haul! I guess we'll be seeing tons of reviews soon! Thanks for stopping by my SS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there will definitely be a ton of reviews soon. Summer is almost here, so I'll be reading a lot and writing a lot of reviews. :) You're welcome!

      Delete
  6. The Blue-Haired Boy! I seriously need to grab a copy of that book. I loved the full novel and Bodee.
    Haha! I used to not have self-control with those Harper books too, but I've learned some self-control. I only get books I know I'll enjoy for sure.
    Enjoy your lovely reads! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bodee is a amazing. :)
      I may be learning more self-control. Maybe. Hopefully.
      Thank you! Happy reading to you too.

      Delete
  7. Woah, you got a huge stack this month, I really want to read Don't Look Back! I hope you enjoy The Forever Song, I thought the ending was a bit convenient but I enjoyed it overall. I haven't downloaded any of the new HarperCollins Edelweiss titles yet but maybe I'll break down lol!

    Here's my STS this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I enjoy The Forever Song too. :) If you break down and get any of the titles, get at least Snow Like Ashes! That one looks amazing!

      Delete
  8. I LOVED Don't Look Back and All Our Yesterdays! I haven't read The Forever Song yet though I bought it a few weeks back, just haven't had the time. :( But how awesome is that win?! Happy reading! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that you loved those books! They certainly do look like great ones. I totally get you about not having enough time--time has been my enemy lately. And that win is super awesome. I'm so excited to read those books. :) Thank you! Happy reading to you too!

      Delete
  9. What a cool giveaway win! I LOVED Vicious. Loved it. I hope you do, too. I cannot wait to read Get Even and Beware the Wild. I've also been meaning to read All Our Yesterdays. Fantastic haul!! I hope you love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I'm so excited to read them. I especially hope that I love Vicious. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  10. WOW lots of new books! I can't wait to read Get Even! :) Enjoy your books! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't either! Thank you so much for following!

      Delete
  11. Awesome books this week! There are so many good looking ones you got :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just hope they're as good as they look. :)

      Delete
  12. Wow! I have Endless but I am jealous of The Forever Song. Don't look back and a couple others are also on my TBR list/shelf. Hope you enjoy all these. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope The Forever Song and all the rest turn out great. :)

      Delete
  13. Girl, I don't even know where to start. Those are some wonderful books you got there! Of course, I have to mention Blue-Haired Boy because BODEE. I wish we could have gotten some of Faking Normal from his perspective too. I loved his voice/thoughts.

    I am STILL waiting on approval for my Harper requests on EW. At this point, I'm probably not going to get, so I'll be anxiously awaiting your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bodee is amazing. :)

      I'm crossing my fingers in hope that you get approved! The books look so good!

      Delete
  14. huge and nice stacks.
    new GFC follower
    Please visit my blog Mich BookShelf

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.