Friday, May 16, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (19) ~ Red, White, and Blue Covers

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves.

My last Stacking the Shelves was only from May 9th because I've decided to make this a weekly meme! I want to use STS as a way to also do a wrap up of the week here on the blog, and that doesn't work that well when I just post every other week.

My Haul

For My Kindle

Bought
Find Me by Romily Bernard
My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi
All Lined Up by Cora Carmack

For Review
Digital
Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis (This was actually supposed to be on my last STS...whoops.)
The Accidental Highwayman by Ben Tripp
Buzz Books 2014: Young Adult by Publishers Launch
Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld (One of my all time favorite authors!)
Breaking the Reins by Juliana Haygert

Thank you to Netgalley, Amulet Books, Tor Teen, HMH Books for Young Readers, Publishers Launch, Edelweiss, Simon Pulse, and YA Bound Book Tours for the review copies!

Bookshelf Additions

Purchases BookOutlet Order
The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher
Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover (I still don't have Slammed...)
The Nightmare Affair by Mindi Arnett
Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
You Against Me by Jenny Downham
Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly
Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons


Weekly Wrap-Up

Read
Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins (finished)
The Falconer by Elizabeth May (started and finished)
After the End by Amy Plum (almost finished)
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving (currently reading for AP Lit)
Les Misérables by Victor Hugo (still slogging through)

Blog Posts
Sunday ~ I reviewed In the Shadows by Kiersten White and Jim Di Bartolo . . . it didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.

Monday ~ I reviewed Royally Lost by Angie Stanton, which didn't was quite disappointing.

Tuesday ~ I interviewed Jessica from Fly to Fiction and Lit Up Review!

Wednesday ~ I featured a chilling and perfect dystopia as my Waiting on Wednesday pick. From the comments, it seems that not many people know about it yet!

Thursday ~ I interviewed YA writer Belinda Jolley! (She has some great advice for aspiring authors.)

Friday ~ I helped reveal the cover of King of Mutants by Samantha Verant (Psst...there's a giveaway.)

Upcoming Posts
More interviews are coming next week! More reviews are on their way as well (and another comparison style review like I did last month). I'm participating in two blog tours this week--Inevitable on Monday and Siren's Song on Friday--and helping an author reveal a cover of her book (date not set). Of course, I will have another WoW post, Friday Cover Reveal, and STS. Lastly, there may be a fun one addressing some books on my personal TBR, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit it in. It'll be a busy week!

How was your week? What books did you get?

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Someone Else's Life. That book touched and moved me in ways you can't imagine. I'm glad you got this one - it's so special to me and I hope deep in my heart that it inspires and moves you, too. Also, Nightmare Affair is a really cute paranormal read. I enjoyed it when I got it. plus, S-Word! That's an awesome book, too. You got a lot of goodies today, compared to mine which have been quite quiet lately, but I don't mind :) There are still too many books to read!

    Faye at The Social Potato Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always too many books to read. :) I'm really excited that I finally got a copy of Someone Else's Life. I've had my eye on it for the last year or two and I just have a feeling that I'll love it. I'm glad I got those other books too!

      Delete
  2. I want to read Nightmare Affair! You have a great haul this week. Happy reading!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to reading that one.

      Delete
  3. Great book haul this week. I really enjoyed Cora Carmack's new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to read a Cora Carmack book for a long time and I'm glad I finally bought one. :)

      Delete
  4. Oohhh you got Afterworlds, I am super jealous! Have heard some awesome things...I hope it's good. Enjoy the rest of your books Kaitlin!

    Here's my STS this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's good too! *crosses fingers*

      Delete
  5. Otherbound! Seriously LOVE the cover, though the proofs have different covers :( Still pretty though, can't wait to read it! Hope you enjoy it. And super jealous of Afterworlds! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that cover too. The title looks awesome.

      Delete
  6. Great haul, Kaitlin! You should def. read Find Me asap. It was a really cool and great read. The book Other Bound reminds me of Pike's book, Earthbound lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to find time for Find Me this summer. I'm definitely interested in reading it soon!

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.