Friday, May 30, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (21) ~ The Calm Before the Storm

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves.

My Haul

For My Kindle

Purchased
Insomnia by J.R. Johansson
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers

For Review
No Place to Fall by Jaye Robin Brown
Perfected by Kate Jarvik Birch

Thank you to Edelweiss, HarperTeen, and Cameron Yeager! I am incredibly excited to read both of these!

If you use Edelweiss, you may have noticed that HarperCollins and its YA imprints have added yet more e-arcs. I'm practicing my resistance and only got one . . . so far. I'm turning some of the books into rewards for catching up on reading, reviewing, and blogging.

Bookshelf Additions
Nothing new has been added to my shelf!

Weekly Wrap-Up

Read
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving (finally finished!)
Les Misérables by Victor Hugo (finished . . . it was SO GOOD)


Blog Posts
Interviews ~ I spotlighted Jenny Kaczorowski, the author of The Art of Falling
                ~ I interviewed booktuber Katie.
                ~ I posted an interview with Jules from Jules Bookshelf.

Reviews ~ I gave four stars to The Falconer by Elizabeth May

My Week
My week was busy! It was my last week of high school, and I had a ton of work to do (yes, I had finals on the very last day). So, blogging took a backseat. The only times I came on here was to catch up in some interviews that I needed to post before June 3rd. I didn't get to any blog commenting, but I'm going to catch up this week.

What's Happening This Week
I graduate high school on the third! It feels weird, scary, relieving, and exciting all at the same time. It's such a big day.☺

I'm also starting my very first blog event that day in celebration of both my graduation and my blogoversary (June 8th). There will be two parts: personal posts and debut author spotlights. There will be reflections, thank yous, author interviews, guest posts, book teasers, giveaways, and whatever else I decide to include. I really hope you guys love my event!

As for the "storm" . . . uh, well, I expect June to be a big month for books. One of the ways I'm celebrating graduation is a trip to Barnes & Noble (my first one to the store nearest to me!) with a friend. I'll probably order a few books from Amazon or BookOutlet as well. Then there's a handful of Edelweiss titles I'll probably download. I'll also be reading a ton, writing a lot of reviews, posting almost every day, giving away books/swag, and receiving a couple giveaway wins. I expect next month to be a very, very good one. 

How was your week? What books did you get?

38 comments:

  1. Happy advance on your blogoversary! :D

    Its awesome to know that you're finally graduating, I would know, preparing for college can be a bit hectic tho :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Early Blogoversary! I hope it's a lot of fun. My 3rd is in... October I think.

    I read To All The Boys I Loved Before but wasn't too impressed, I hope you like it more! Thanks for stopping by too.
    Under The Mountain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's going to be fun. :)

      I hope I do like that book more. It's really cute looking . . . . You're welcome!

      Delete
  3. Happy Early Blogoversary! I want to read To All the Boys I Loved Before.
    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That book looks so cute. :)

      Delete
  4. All great picks! I really loved To All the Boys I've loved before. It was so cute! Enjoy all your reads and thanks for stopping by my STS!

    I'll be here for your event :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I like the book as much as you did. Thank you! I really appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read Dark Triumph!

    Congrats on your graduation and blogoversary! :D

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED To All the Boys I've Loved Before, Dark Triumph, and Insomnia! Unfortunately, Paranoia didn't live up to my high expectations :\ But I am excited to read the next book in the Night Walkers series! I love the cover of Perfected :D Congratulations on the life and blogging milestones! Where are you heading in the fall?

    Have a fantastic weekend! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you loved those books! Hopefully, I will too. I love that cover of Perfected too. :) Thank you! I'm actually staying home and attending my local community college for my first year before transferring to a different college. It's going to save me quite a bit of money.

      Have a fantastic weekend too!

      Delete
  8. OMG OMG OMG The Dark Triumph!!!!! I liked this one even more than Grave Mercy! Enjoy!!

    Happy Reading!
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I really enjoyed reading Grave Mercy. :)

      Delete
  9. First of all, advance CONGRATULATIONS! I had my graduation yesterday (May 30) and omg it was the happiest yet kind of sad day. :) Like you I'll be reading a bunch this summer haha. Also, I had my finals during the week of my graduation blegh. Hope you have a fun graduation day! Cherish every moment because it goes by real fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leigh!! Graduation day was a great day. :)

      Delete
  10. Congrats on HS graduation!! That is an exciting time of life for sure. Dark Triumph! I love that one and really enjoyed Insomnia as well. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was really exciting. :) I'm really looking forward to reading those two.

      Delete
  11. Ooh congrats on graduating! No Place to Fall looks so good, but I have to hold back from requesting things until I get caught up haha. Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to hold back on requesting too. So far, I'm doing a little better. At least, I'm doing good on Harper titles.

      Delete
  12. Oh I still need to read Dark Triumph! I had to resist all the ARCs from Harper too :D Love your blog design! very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like my design too. :)

      Delete
  13. To All the Boys I've Loved Before sounds absolutely amazing! I've heard nothing but good things about it as well, so it must be good. I hope you enjoy your books. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about that book too! It looks really cute. :)

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on both graduation, and your blogoversary! (I sobbed through my entire high school graduation, so maybe try to not do that ;) ) Also, great books this week! I really want No Place To Fall and Perfected! I really wish I had the guts to request ARCs. And I got To All the Boys I've Loved Before too, hope you enjoy them all, and have a wonderful graduation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I smiled throughout graduation. :)

      I didn't use to have the guts to request ARCs, but once I started requesting from Netgalley and Edelweiss, I got used to it.

      Delete
  15. Congrats on your graduation and upcoming blogoversary, I look forward to your week of posts Kaitlin! I really want to read To All the Boys I've Loved and Dark Triumph as well. Happy reading!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeann! To All the Boys and Dark Triumph seem to be very popular books among everyone who has commented. :D

      Delete
  16. Dark Triumph is the best book EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved To All The Boys I've Loved Before. No Place to Fall and Perfected both have awesome covers. I hope to read those too! Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great haul this week. I hope you love To All The Boys, I read that earlier this year and it became an instant favourite of mine. I love the look of No Place to Fall, really want to read that one myself. I hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I love To All the Boys as well! It looks like a fun read. :)

      Delete
  19. Congrats on your graduation and blogoversary. Sorry it took a while to comment back on your post. To All the Boys I've Loved Before is on my to-read list. The story sounds good!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's totally fine (it takes me forever to comment back).

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.