Friday, June 27, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (25) ~ Ruin and Rising and Other Pretties

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves.

My Haul
For My Kindle
Freebie
Mechanical by Pauline C. Harris
Boomerang (Part One: Chapters 1 - 19) by Noelle August

Purchased
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas

For Review
Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper
Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White
The Fall by Bethany Griffin

Salt & Storm is my first Little, Brown approval! (I did get Torn Away from them, but that was for a tour. It's not the same.) Now I'm just crossing my fingers for my other pending request to them. Thank you, Little, Brown and Netgalley. :)

Thank you to HarperTeen, Greenwillow Books, and Edelweiss for the other two e-arcs! I'm super exited to read both!

Bookshelf Additions

In the mail
UnWholly by Neal Shusterman (FINALLY. I've been meaning to get this one for forever.)
The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima (I've been eyeing this series for years!)
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo (So pretty . . .)
Weekly Wrap-Up

Read/Currently Reading
One, Two, Three by Elodie Nowodazkij (3 stars)
Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton (3.5 or 4 stars--I haven't decided yet)
Dark Days by Kate Ormand (3 stars)
Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis (I'm about halfway through this.)
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (I'm starting this after I schedule this post.)

Blog Posts
Tuesday
~ I posted a Top Ten Tuesday about book cover elements I've noticed in some 2014 covers.

~ I posted a random, fun gif post (my first one!) about reactions to cliffhanger endings. (Supernatural gifs dominate the post.)

Wednesday
~ I'm waiting on Lailah by Nikki Kelly

~ I helped reveal the new cover of Four Houses by Victoria Scott

~ I shared a excerpt on my stop of the Breaking Fences blog tour

Friday
~ I wrote a letter to Anna from Anna and the French Kiss for a Flashback Friday post

~ I helped reveal the cover of A Murder of Magpies by Sarah Bromley

~ I posted an excerpt and giveaway of One, Two, Three by Elodie Nowodazkij

My Week
UGGHHHH. I'm still behind in pretty much anything there is to be behind in. I procrastinated quite a bit this week. :/

The bright side: I've found a new obsession. :) Orphan Black is the best show I've seen in a LONG time. I start watching it at one in the morning and ran out of episodes somewhere close to five--the show was so good, I wasn't even tired!

This week was my tv week, it seems. Since my last STS post, I've watched Supernatural, Big Brother, So You Think You Can Dance, Rising Star, and of course, Orphan Black. This is rare for me to watch so many shows in one week. I haven't been into tv shows for a long time!

What's Happening This Week
Last week, I said I would have reviews, but I didn't write or post any. So, I'll just say that whatever is happening this week is a surprise! Maybe I can get stuff done if I don't try to commit to anything in advance.

How was your week? What books did you get?

36 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about getting your first approval from Little Brown. I got my first approval from them for Young World. Looks like Salt and Storm is going to be a good. Keep seeing The Fall everywhere.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Salt & Storm does turn out good.

      Delete
  2. I got Ruin and Rising too and I seriously cannot wait to get stated on that book! Salt & Storm looks good too and I am excited for it. Happy reading!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to reading those two as well. :)

      Delete
  3. Well done for getting your first approval from Little Brown! I can't wait to read Salt and Storm! :-) I hope that you enjoy all that you've got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I enjoy the books too.

      Delete
  4. Boomerang was sooooo good! I was excited about the book before I realized that half of the writing team was Veronica Rossi. Learning that just made it even more exciting. It totally lived up to my expectations! I got Illusions of Fate and The Fall this week, too. I'm looking forward to both of them!

    Happy reading!

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize half of the team was Veronica Rossi! Now I'm really excited to read it.

      Delete
  5. I still want to read The Assassin Blade :D Illusions of Fate looks amazing XD

    Great Haul

    ~Maura @ Ya Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? I keep saying that it may be Kiersten White's best one yet.

      Delete
  6. The Assassin's Blade! *flails all over the place* I love that series to pieces, and seriously, ever book outdoes itself. x) Saaaaam. Also Anna and the French Kiss is fabulous and I really want to finish the Shadow & Bone trilogy! I've only read book #1 but I loved it so much.
    My Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting The Assassin's Blade tomorrow and I'm so excited!

      Delete
  7. I'm so bad at keeping up with TV shows, because I usually prefer to be reading, so it's funny that book bloggers are making me want to watch stuff like Orphan Black and Arrow and Elementary and catch up with SPN... Ha.

    I was curious about One, Two, Three, so I should look up your review. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book bloggers have done the same thing to me. :D

      Delete
  8. I'm also awaiting Ruin & Rising from B&N but I suspect it will be a looooong time till it gets here!
    I requested Illusions of Fate on EW, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed to be approved!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *crosses fingers that you get approved*

      Delete
  9. I still want to read Anna and the French Kiss. I'm heading over to make sure it's on my Goodreads list now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it over the weekend and it's amazing!

      Delete
  10. Great haul, I sure have been seeing the Fall around. Is it any good?

    My few additions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your haul is awesome! I managed to snatch Mechanical free as well, thank you for the alert! Have fun with your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard great things about Orphan Black, I need to start watching that show. I'm behind though, I just finished watching Breaking Bad! I was excited to get a copy of Salt & Storm too, it looks great!

    My STS: http://wendimlee.blogspot.com/2014/06/stacking-shelves-7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen a single episode of Breaking Bad yet, so I'm definitely behind on that. :D

      Delete
  13. Oh my gosh I am so happy that you are watching Orphan Black, it is so addictive! I marathoned the first season all in one go. Lots of awesome books this week, I love the look of Salt and Storm and the new Kiersten White! Thanks for sharing KAitlin :)

    Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I marathoned the first season in two goes. If I had all the disks at once, I would've watched them all back to back. It is addictive!

      Delete
  14. YAY for Illusions of Fate! And The Fall! And Salt & Storm! And Ruin and Rising! I LOVED Some Quiet Place - one of my favorite books of 2013. It was magical! :D

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Kaitlin! Have a fabulous weekend :)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My friend and I are planning on marathoning the Chima series soon! I think it sounds amazing, and it's been on my shelf for the longest time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for your first Little, Brown approval! I was like it with S&S, and Illusions of Fate! I only just found out it was up on EW (since I haven't been on it for a week) so just downloaded it. Happy reading! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh, Salt & Storm looks really good. I must go and check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Boomerang! I cannot wait to pick this one up at B&N next week! I love Veronica Rossi, and it will be great to see her tackle New Adult. We already know she can do swoon. :)
    Illusions of Fate sounds really good, hope you enjoy it!
    Happy reading, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten that Veronica Rossi was one of the writers, but now I'm even more curious about the book. :)

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.