Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (4) ~ Books I've Read This Year

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and a weekly meme where we simply make a top ten list for the week's topic.

This is my first Top Ten Tuesday since December! I've been meaning to get into it, but I just haven't had the time. Now that it's summer break, though, maybe I'll finally participate in it more often. (Hopefully.)

Here are the top ten books I've read in 2014 (so far)!

This was actually really, really easy for me to do. I went through the list of books I read this year and picked out the ones worthy for this list. There were ten exactly! 

(These are mostly in order. The one on the bottom isn't YA, so I just put it last. Click on the circles to go to the books' Goodreads pages.)


Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens

Ever since I read this one, I've been saying that's my favorite of the year. I have a feeling it'll still be my favorite come the end of December. It would be hard to beat this one! Faking Normal made its way into my heart. It's truly an absolutely wonderful book. [My review]
Torn Away by Jennifer Brown

This one made me such an emotional wreck, and since I consider that a very good thing, Torn Away is one of my top favorites. I don't think I've ever cried so many times throughout a book before. Even when I went to get quotes for my blog tour post, I started crying! Jennifer Brown is now on my auto-buy list.☺ [My review]


EDIT: I don't know how this happened, but All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry is one of my top favorites (as in, part of the top three/four). It's amazing.

The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes

I absolutely adore this book. There was so many things that made this one amazing. It had this addictive quality that made it really tough to stop reading (which I had to do because I needed to a) sleep and b) go to school.) [My review]
Tease by Amanda Maciel

This book made me write one of my longest reviews ever. It took up six and half (which includes scratch-outs) pages in my notebook--I had so much to say! It wowed me. It was such a well done novel, and it really made me think. My review will finally be posted soon (like this week).




Panic by Lauren Oliver

I hadn't realized this was one of my top favorites until now. I didn't give it as high of a rating (four stars) as the others (4.5/5 stars), but Panic is one of the most memorable that I've read this year. It was such a cool read, and it's one of those books that turns out to be a favorite of mine just because I think it's an awesome book. [My review]
Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell

I simply love a good psychological thriller, and this one was GOOD. The writing, the story, the perspective . . . it all just made for a fascinating read. This is just the type of thriller that I love.





Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor

This one was such a heart breaker, but I absolutely loved reading it. It was just an incredible story (that made me cry)! [My review]

Psst...you could win this in my US only blogoversary giveaway. ;)

Life by Committee by Corey Ann Haydu

I read this one a couple weeks ago, and it completely took me by surprise. I didn't know I would love reading it so much! I didn't know it would be such a thought-provoking read, either. It had such good themes (which, if you've read a lot of my reviews, you may know that I have a thing for).




The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel

I don't love this one quite as much as all the rest on this list, but I definitely enjoyed reading it. The book and I just clicked.☺







Les Misérables by Victor Hugo

I chose to read this as my last AP Lit independent novel, and I am so, so glad that I did! It was definitely a challenge (my copy has 1222 pages), but it was a fantastic classic. There were some dreadfully boring parts, but there were a lot of incredibly interesting ones. Also, I cried. That ending just tore me apart. It got ugly.



Now that you know my top ten books that I've read so far this year, tell me yours! Leave me a link to your list so I can stop by.☺

REMINDER: I have a blogoversary celebration going on right now! There's a lot of giveaways and author features this month for you to check out. You can find links to those posts over to the right, under "Class of 2014."

33 comments:

  1. A big YES to the Art of Lainey!! I also adored it! I have Torn Away in my TBR list and hope to get to it soon cause I'm seeing it in a lot of people's lists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Lainey! You should really get to Torn Away soon--it deserves to be on people's lists!

      Delete
  2. Les Misérables is the only one of the books I have read. An oldie, but goodie, just like me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so interested in Faking Normal now, I have seen it a few times today. Thanks for sharing.
    http://wp.me/p3ftwe-sU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It deserves to be on a lot of people's lists! It's an amazing one.

      Delete
  4. I really want to read Life by Committee and The Art of Lainey, so it's good to hear you liked them enough to put them on your list! Heading over to read your reviews. :)
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both such great books! I hope you give them both a try. :)

      Delete
  5. I really want to read Torn Away after reading your review, as well as The Art of Lainey :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My TTT Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you want to read those now! They are such good books and they deserve to be read. :)

      Delete
  6. I want to read so many of these. I have Life By Committee and Faking Normal. I just need to get around to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Art of Lainey and Tease have got me interested! I can't wait to read both of those. OH and also Panic and Faking Normal. This is such a great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give each of those a try (especially Faking Normal--that one seems to work out the best with other readers).

      Delete
  8. I want to read Les Misérables but am intimidated by the size of it! I'll get to it eventually though.

    C @ ahavenforreaders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely understand that! The size of Les Mis intimidated me even when I was reading it. :D

      Delete
  9. The Art of Lainey, Faking Normal, and Panic are all books I really want to read!! Great list. :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read each of them!

      Delete
  10. I'm hearing so many good things about THE ART OF LAINEY. I really want to read it! Thanks for stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Art of Lainey is an amazing read. It deserves to have all those great things said about it!

      Delete
  11. Faking Normal made my list too - I loved it so much, especially Bodee. It's impossible not to fall in love with that boy!
    I plan on reading The Art of Lainey soon, even though the love triangle-y aspect has me nervous. I have a feeling I'll want to bop Lainey a couple of times on the head, but even reviewers who have said that too ended up loving the book. :)
    Great list, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. :) Bodee is amazing.
      I think the love triangle in The Art of Lainey may be one you could stand. :)

      Delete
  12. I loved The Art of Lainey as well, great list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh The Art of Lainey! That was such a fun read there are some books on you list I have to make time for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The Art of Lainey was so fun to read.

      Delete
  14. Ooh, Torn Away, The Art of Lainey, and The Break-Up Artist were all great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Les Mis is a book that I've owned for years and I just haven't been brave enough to read it. But I really want to. Maybe now is the time!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You should definitely read it now. :)

      Delete
  16. I haven't actually managed to get to any of these yet (which KILLS me), but they are ALL on my TBR and I cannot wait to have some time with them! Hopefully soon;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said that a lot while commenting on a lot of TTT posts, so I know how you feel.

      Delete
  17. Wowza... 1222 pages is quite a feat! I got it free on my kindle and really need to put some time aside to read it! I will try it though ;) Also, I've been hearing such good things about Panic by Lauren Oliver, I really need to read it! And some more of her books as well :P

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/06/recipe-to-life-2014-blogger-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.