Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (23) ~ My First Adult Pick

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What am I waiting on?

The House of the Four Winds by Mercedes Lackey & James Mallory
Releasing August 5th, 2014 by Tor Books
Goodreads description:

Mercedes Lackey is the New York Times bestselling author of the Valdemar series and romantic fantasies like Beauty and the Werewolf and The Fairy Godmother. James Mallory and Lackey have collaborated on six novels. Now, these New York Times and USA Today bestselling collaborators bring romance to the fore with The House of Four Winds.

The rulers of tiny, impoverished Swansgaard have twelve daughters and one son. While the prince’s future is assured, his twelve sisters must find their own fortunes.

Disguising herself as Clarence, a sailor, Princess Clarice intends to work her way to the New World. When the crew rebels, Clarice/Clarence, an expert with rapier and dagger, sides with the handsome navigator, Dominick, and kills the cruel captain.

Dominick leads the now-outlawed crew in search of treasure in the secret pirate haven known as The House of Four Winds. They encounter the sorceress Shamal, who claims Dominick for her own—but Clarice has fallen hard for Dominick and won’t give him up without a fight. 

Full of swashbuckling adventure, buoyant magic, and irrepressible charm, The House of the Four Winds is a lighthearted fantasy romp by a pair of bestselling writers. 
 Why am I waiting on it?
This. Looks. Amazing. I've never wanted to read an adult fantasy book (which I've only ever read two of, actually) so badly. It just looks like an incredible book. Plus, there's pirates. Pirates!

That's my WoW this week! What's yours?

16 comments:

  1. Pirates! I love how this book sounds and the cover! great choice
    Mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cover is what initially caught my interest. :)

      Delete
  2. PIRATES? SIGN ME UP. :P I've never heard of this book, or this author, but I'm adding it to my never-ending TBR list. And it's fantasy, too? Awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only discovered this one the other day, and I'm so glad I found it. It looks like an incredible fantasy!

      Delete
  3. I made a New Years "resolution" to have one adult book going at all times. Right now I am reading The Goldfinch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love pirates! Love the cover! Love the blurb! Great pick :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shane. Happy Wednesday to you too!

      Delete
  5. Pirates!? Gender bender?! This sounds really great!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I love Mercedes Lackeys books and can't wait to get my hands on this one as it sounds so good! Very tempted to request it on Netgalley now :) Hope you get to read it soon!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very tempted to request it too. It looks like an awesome read!

      Delete
  7. Ooo, interesting, I actually want to check out this one! I have a crapton of August releases already though :o I know how popular the author is, and hey, pirates! :D I hope you enjoy this book when you read it, Kaitlin!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pirate part sure makes this book sound interesting, huh? :D I hope I do too!

      Delete
  8. OH OH OH PIRATES!!! This looks really good, books with pirates=happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.