Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (24) ~ Time Travel, Romance, & a Dash of Mystery

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What am I waiting on?

Loop by Karen Akins
Releasing October 21st, 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin
Goodreads description:

At a school where Quantum Paradox 101 is a required course and history field trips are literal, sixteen year-old time traveler Bree Bennis excels…at screwing up.

After Bree botches a solo midterm to the 21st century by accidentally taking a boy hostage (a teensy snafu), she stands to lose her scholarship. But when Bree sneaks back to talk the kid into keeping his yap shut, she doesn’t go back far enough. The boy, Finn, now three years older and hot as a solar flare, is convinced he’s in love with Bree, or rather, a future version of her that doesn’t think he’s a complete pain in the arse. To make matters worse, she inadvertently transports him back to the 23rd century with her. 

Once home, Bree discovers that a recent rash of accidents at her school are anything but accidental. Someone is attacking time travelers. As Bree and her temporal tagalong uncover seemingly unconnected clues—a broken bracelet, a missing data file, the art heist of the millennium—that lead to the person responsible, she alone has the knowledge to piece the puzzle together. Knowledge only one other person has. Her future self.

But when those closest to her become the next victims, Bree realizes the attacker is willing to do anything to stop her. In the past, present, or future.
 Why am I waiting on it?
Loop looks like so much fun! It also looks like it has a great romance. I don't get excited over that many time travel books, but this is one of the few that I would absolutely love to read.

That's my WoW this week! What's yours?

22 comments:

  1. I feel the same about time travel books--for me sometimes I get seriously lost. Time travel trips out my mind and I can't even fathom how all of it works! BUT there are some that are written so that it makes sense to me, and this sounds like it would be one of them. It also doesn't hurt that it sounds completely adorable and fun:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, I tend to find time travel a little boring. This one looks way so fun, though. :)

      Delete
  2. This one really sounds promising. I can't wait to read it. I hope it delivers. It has such an interesting and intriguing premise. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it delivers too. That would be so disappointing if it didn't!

      Delete
  3. I'm not a big fan of time travel, but this one sounds different than the usual -- and good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I hadn't heard about this one before, but it sounds like it would be a lot of fun!
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loop is brand new to me. I hadn't heard of this book before. It sounds really good. I like Time Travel books, if they are done right. I hope this one is good.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. It looks like it could be a really good one.

      Delete
  6. I love time travel books, and it does sound fun. Plus, love the cover! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that cover too. Such pretty colors. :)

      Delete
  7. I'm excited for this one, too. It does look really fun, and I love the colorful cover. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a such a great twist on the usual time travel story. I'm not usually one for time travel books, but this sounds like one I'll have to check out.

    Katie at The Pop Cultist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it if you do read it. :)

      Delete
  9. This sounds so good! The cover is pretty and I really just love the sound of it. Awesome pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay time travelers! Usually I'm cautious about time traveling books because sometimes their just a little too complicated, but this one sees like it'll be easier to follow
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks more fun than complicated, which makes it look so good. :)

      Delete
  11. I love the concept of time travel! I am excited to read this too, I feel like I always want to read time travel books, but then never do for some reason. It sounds like it will have some humor too, which I really like! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.