Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (25) ~ So Many Creepy Hands

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What am I waiting on?

Lailah by Nikki Kelly
Releasing October 7th, 2014 by Feiwel and Friends
Goodreads description:

The girl knows she’s different. She doesn’t age. She has no family. She has visions of a past life, but no clear clues as to what she is, or where she comes from. But there is a face in her dreams – a light that breaks through the darkness. She knows his name is Gabriel.

On her way home from work, the girl encounters an injured stranger whose name is Jonah. Soon, she will understand that Jonah belongs to a generation of Vampires that serve even darker forces. Jonah and the few like him, are fighting with help from an unlikely ally – a rogue Angel, named Gabriel.

In the crossfire between good and evil, love and hate, and life and death, the girl learns her name: Lailah. But when the lines between black and white begin to blur, where in the spectrum will she find her place? And with whom?

Gabriel and Jonah both want to protect her. But Lailah will have to fight her own battle to find out who she truly is. 
 Why am I waiting on it?
I've been so curious about this one ever since I first saw the cover. It's just so . . . creepy. Creepy but so intriguing. Plus, a few of my blogger friends have read this and they really enjoyed it! I'm so excited for it!

That's my WoW this week! What's yours?

28 comments:

  1. I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want to read this one. Is this the book with vampires? Because if so I'm a bit more interested because I LOVE VAMPIRES. Seriously. They're probably my favorite paranormal creatures, with werewolves in second. (:

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh this sounds exciting and intriguing, yeah I complete agree this cover is hella creepy. Why so many handdsss.I think I am gonna be adding this to my tbr pile :) Thanks for sharing

    Gabby @ Bookmarks & Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering why there's so many hands, too. :D

      Delete
  3. I love the cover of this and I'm super excited to read it as well, it sounds amazing,

    A great WoW! Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really excited to read this book too, mostly because that cover is all kinds of creepy and awesome! :D
    I'm also happy that your blogger friends are enjoying it! That's always a good sign. :)
    Great pick!

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when my blogger friends enjoy a book. :D

      Delete
  5. Love the cover and blurb. Seems like a good book.

    Happy Wednesday :)

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds creepy! Thanks for introducing me to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dying to get my hands on this one! It sounds great and so many of my bloggy friends have read it and LOVED IT! I'm stalking Netgalley to request it as soon as it goes up!
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Crosses fingers that we get the book*

      Delete
  8. Yup, it's creepy, BUT IT LOOKS AMAZING. Can't wait to read it! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sound of this. Thanks for sharing!
    Check out our WoW at www.theyaclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really excited for this one as well! It sounds so amazing. :) I love the cover as well.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cover . . . it's just so awesome looking.

      Delete
  11. Ooh, this is one that I can't wait for also! Of the early talk about it on Goodreads, I've heard it is amazing. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's such good talk about it so far.

      Delete
  12. This one looks good! I wasn't sure at first, because I am not 100% on board with vampires (I have to really like the book!) but I have been hearing so many good things, I will probably need to end up reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling you'll need to end up reading it too.

      Delete
  13. I love creepy... it's mine :P
    I'm loving this meme, I've added plenty of creepy reads to my own list!

    My WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was originally not AT ALL interested in this book, but holy crap everyone seems to be loving it!! :O After so many of my friends have raved about it, yeah... I'm definitely switching sides to the give-it-to-me-NOW camp!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems like the right decision. :D

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.