Tuesday, July 22, 2014

ARC August Goals!

I'm so, so excited that Octavia is hosting another ARC August! I didn't participate last year because I didn't have any ARCs to read, and honestly, I felt a little left out because people seemed to be having a lot of fun with this challenge. But this year . . . well, I definitely have review copies to read.

You can read all about ARC August (and sign up) over here! You really don't want to miss out on this. It's going to be so much fun.☺

My Goals

Read as many ARCs as I can
Whenever I say I want to read X amount of books for a challenge, I seem to read less instead of more. Without specifying numbers, I would like to get to all of my August ARCs and a good portion of my September ones.

Keep up with updates
I've never kept up with updates throughout an entire challenge. Ever. I need to figure out how to not get lazy with them. (Maybe I need a couple people to push me to write them. . . .)

Catch. UP
I have slipped in the last few months and now I'm really behind in my reviews. I really want to get back to reviewing books in a timely fashion.

Have fun
This is the most important part!

Books I'm Choosing From
These are all my August/September releases that I know I won't get to this month. Most are from Edelweiss, but three are from Netgalley, two are from giveaways, and one is from the Macmillan Digital Library (Cut Me Free--that one is actually a 2015 release).

I won't get to all of these in August since I do plan to read a few books from my personal TBR, but I hope to read most of them.

Have you read any of these? Which ones do you want to read my thoughts on the most?

17 comments:

  1. I have few ARCs in common with you! YAY for ARC August!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falling into place was pretty good. Anatomy of a misfit and Blackbird were both DNF for me, but that was very personal. The Jewel and Winterkill sound awesome! I also can't wait to read Salt & Storm and The vault of dreamers. Good luck and happy reading :)

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about Falling into Place! It looks like one I would really enjoy. :) Thanks, Mel!

      Delete
  3. I have read Afterworlds, Tabula Rasa, Amity, and I am currently reading In a Handful of Dust. All are pretty good! I am really excited for Jewel though. Happy reading!

    Amber @ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this challenge sounds like so much fun! I have quite a few ARCs to read as well. Maybe I'll do this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely do this challenge! There's really no reason not to when you have ARCs to read. :)

      Delete
  5. If you need help deciding, I vote for Don't Touch, Rites of Passage, Falling into Place, Deliverance, and Lies We Tell Ourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I'm pretty sure I'll get to all of those ones next month.

      Delete
  6. This is going to be so fun! We have no books in common but I'm still excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an exciting challenge! It doesn't matter which books are involved. :)

      Delete
  7. That sounds fun ! Good luck !! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for ARC August! I read Amity, I think it was two stars or maybe 2 1/2 rounded up to three. Of Monsters and Madness was a good solid, and respectful, three for me, and I am reading Tabula Rasa right now and loving it. Unless it tanks in the last quater it will be rated four stars. I really wanted Vault of Dreamers, but was denied. I will be looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I like Amity more! I'm really looking forward to reading all of those ones. :)

      Delete
  9. Woah you have some pretty books on this list! The Jewel is actually ahead of the polls on my ARC August list so we may have that one in common! ;) If it helps I do a weekly re-cap throughout the challenge month and add a linky so participants can link their progress! I found this is a fantastic way to get other people to stop by, show their support and push you through the remainder of the challenge. Good luck and happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.