Friday, July 4, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (26) ~ A Week of Swag

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves.

My Haul
For My Kindle
For Review
The Walled City by Ryan Graudin
Loop by Karen Akins
Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid

The Walled City was my WoW pick this week and Loop was my pick two weeks ago, so I think it's cool that I've been approved for both recently.

Thank you to St. Martin's Griffin, Little, Brown, Harlequin Teen, Edelweiss, and Netgalley for the review copies!

Bookshelf Additions
In the mail
A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard (I ordered copy so I can read it this month.)
Scorched by Mari Mancusi (Thank you to Alyssa!)

Swag

Thank you to Liz Weimer, Joshua Bellin, Angie, and Lori M. Lee for the swag! Thank you to Amy for making the Hobbit bookmark.☺

The bookmarks and postcards are all signed and giveaway bound, so keep an eye out for giveaways on Twitter.
Reading

Read

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (4.5 stars)
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (5 stars)
Perfected by Kate Jarvik Birch (4 stars)
Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor (4 stars)

Currently Reading
Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis (47% done - I'm at the same spot as I was a week ago.)
The Half-Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno (84% done)
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas (83% - The pain is coming. I can feel it.)
What's Next?
I also have to read The Queen of the Tearling and Where You Silence Gathers soon, but I may not get to them this week.

Blogging
Monday
~ I posted the schedule for the Book Blogger Buzz Tour.

Wednesday
~ I'm waiting on The Walled City by Ryan Graudin (which I had schedule this week before being approved for it)

Thursday
~ I reviewed Boneseeker by Brynn Chapman. The romance stole the show book for me!

~ I reviewed Rebel by Amy Tintera. I didn't have much to say.

Friday
~ I helped reveal the cover of Avian by Nicole Conway. This series has dragons.☺

~ I wrote a very guilty letter to Splintered by A.G. Howard. I still haven't read it.

Today
~ I reviewed Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

I wrote a guest post! Go to Jenna Does Books to find out how reading YA has affected my life. It's my response to YA bashing I've heard in the past year.

How was your week? What books did you get?

26 comments:

  1. Your lineup for this week looks awesome! I hope you enjoy the books. And Will the Real Prince Charming Stand Up? sounds really cute.

    I also read your guest post on Jenna Does Books. I love what you said about YA! I'm actually writing up my own post about what YA means to me and it's sort of my response to all of the genre bashing in the last few months. I hate that it's happening, but YA is the one genre that has been ridiculed and judged more times than I care to count. I hope with thoughtful posts like yours, people will start to look at it in a different light. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading the post! I'm hoping people will start looking at YA more positively soon too.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you've got a great reading week ahead of you. I really need to start the Throne of Glass series. It seems like everyone loves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You should read the series. It deserves its hype. :)

      Delete
  3. WOW! You've got a lot of great books coming your way! Ignite Me, The Winner's Curse and Crown of Midnight are all AMAZING, so I hope you enjoy them too! <3

    And I just finished The Half Life of Molly Pierce a few days ago! Looking forward to reading your review when you're finished. How is it for you so far? :D

    And I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about The Walled City as it's one of my most anticipated reads of the summer! Hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for sharing and happy reading! <3

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to reading those this week! I don't think any of them will disappoint me.

      The Half Life of Molly Pierce is very interesting! I like it.

      I'm really looking forward to reading The Walled City! It's probably going to be one of the first fall ARCs I get to.

      Happy reading to you too!

      Delete
  4. I am jealous of all your swag! You got a great reading week ahead of you, you have some great reads!

    Amber @ The Book Bratz
    My Stacking The Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wrote a wonderful guest post, and I hope you enjoy all of your new books!! <3

    Stacking the Shelves #39

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually just read A Darkness Strange and Lovely - it was a bit disappointing for me D: I loved the first book, but the second book definitely experienced sequel slump, in my opinion. I LOVED The Winner's Curse! And I also have The Walled City for review, I cannot wait to read it. On the Fence was so good! And like A Darkness Strange and Lovely, I thought Crown of Midnight was disappointing. I was one of the few though :\ I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Kaitlin!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. :( Hopefully, the third book goes better for you than A Darkness Strange and Lovely did. Most of the people that have told me that they were disappointed in Crown of Midnight also told me they were part of the minority. I really hope I enjoy it more! Thank you, Alyssa. :)

      Delete
  7. Signed swag is the best!! And you have a few very awesome books lined up for reading next week! I gave 5 stars to all of the except for On The Fence that I still haven't read yet!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've give four stars to On the Fence and The Winner's Curse and I just gave five to Crown of Midnight. I'm really enjoying these books. :)

      Delete
  8. Oh, I love all the signed swag! So fun! And the review books... ah, I want them ;) I also really want to read Otherbound, and The Winner's Curse (which I have on my Kindle, hopefully soon!) I loved Ignite Me and really liked The Half Life of Molly Pierce, I hope you enjoy them too, as well as the rest of your lovely haul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read The Winner's Curse! I recently read it and really liked it. :) So far, I'm really enjoying the other books!

      Delete
  9. I'm so excited to read Scorched now that the sequel is coming out :D I hope you get to The Winner's Curse, it's so addictive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read The Winner's Curse on Sunday! I really liked it. :)

      Delete
  10. I really enjoyed Let's Get Lost, took me like 50 pages to get into properly, but then read it pretty quick. I LOVED The Half Life of Molly Pierce, so. good. :) Happy reading!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked The Half Life of Molly Pierce! It was such a different sort of read. I loved the writing. :) Happy reading to you too!

      Delete
  11. Your haul is incredible! I can't wait to see your reviews for the ones you have finished/will finish shortly (i.e The Walled City). So many amazing books. Enjoy ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't have any review up for The Walled City for awhile, but reviews for all the books I recently read and will finish soon will be this month. :)

      Delete
  12. Ah, Anna and the French Kiss, so amazing! Nice haul as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul this past week! The Walled City and Loop especially caught my eye! Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan Dennard! I did a read a long last year for book 1 & I won a copy of book 2! It was awesum! I still need to finish book 3. I love the series. Its a great one.
    I need to finish the Tahereh Mafi series too. Do you follow her on Instagram? WHOA..she has sum awesome fashion sense. To die for shoes.
    I love SWAG. I am a recovering "dog ear addict" & all of the swag I have picked up & have won has helped me from relapsing. Those book marks have saved my beautiful books.
    Cant wait to see what you think of Molly Price & Other bound

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.