Friday, July 11, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (27) ~ Cut Me Free and Winter Falls

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves. I like to use the meme to also give a recap of my week in reading and blogging. 
(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads.)

My Haul

Digital
Freebies

Purchased

For Review
Anatomy of a Misfit has been catching my eye for the last several weeks now, so I decided to download it. 

I got Cut Me Free by filling out the ARC form on the author's website and I'm so happy my request was approved! It's my very first Macmillan approval.☺

(Warning: if you fill it out and say you're willing to receive an eGalley, it's an Adobe Digital Editions eARC that expires after 60 days. I don't believe you can read it on a Kindle.)

Thank you to Macmillan, Jenn, Harper Children's, Balzer + Bray, and Edelweiss for these review copies!

Bookshelf Additions

Won
Thank you Nicole Maggi and Hafsah for Winter Falls!

Swag
Thank you to Jessica L. Brooks for the If I Speak True, Motocross Me, and Powered bookmarks! This was a pleasant surprise.

Thank you to Danielle L. Jensen for the Stolen Songbird swag!

Reading

Read/Finished
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas (5 stars)
On the Fence by Kasie West (4 stars)
The Half-Life of Molly Pierce by Katrina Leno (4 stars)
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (4 stars)
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (5 stars)
Defiance by C.J. Redwine (4 stars)
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi (5 stars)

As you can tell, I had an amazing reading week.

Currently Reading
Unfortunately, this one isn't really working for me. I'll be finished with it soon, though.

What's Next?
*Laughs nervously* Something tells me it's not a good idea to read Heir of Fire, Allegiant, and Strange and Ever After in the same week . . . 


Blogging
I posted reviews for Daughter of Smoke and BoneOn the FenceThe Half-Life of Molly PiercePerfectedCrown of Midnight, and The Assassin's Blade. (Note: The last two reviews are my first reviews including gifs!)

I picked The Girl from the Well as my WoW this week and helped reveal the covers for Parallel Triangles and M.I.A: Missing in Atnam (which has a giveaway).

I posted an interview with Claudia Y. Burgoa and an excerpt of her NA book, Getting By.


Announcement!
Clara Kensie has announced a read-along for Run to You! I've read First Sight and Second Glance and I loved them! I'm hoping you guys will consider joining in on the fun. Each part is only about 100 pages long so they're really quick reads. Read the details of the read-along (and get a look at the prizes) at Clara's website.

How was your week? What books did you get?

36 comments:

  1. I'm reading Where Silence Gathers right now, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think it's too early to tell for me (only like 18% into the book). And yeah, you might not want to read all three of those in the same week.. Haha, it could either be very good or very bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where Silence Gathers doesn't improve much, sadly. :( I have buddy reads planned for Heir of Fire and Allegiant and I want to finish Susan Dennard's series before the last book releases, so I'm going to stick with reading all three.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, Winter Falls looks cool. I hope you enjoy all of these!

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently heard about Winter Falls and I've been dying to get my hands on a copy, the cover is just so pretty (and it has a snowy owl!) and congrats on being approved by Macmillan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, you have quite a selection this week, Kaitlin! Both Cut Me Free and Anatomy of a Misfit look awesome!
    You've read some really good ones this past week, too, I look forward to sitting down to read your reviews :)
    Thanks for stopping by earlier. Happy reading!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like the reviews. :) No problem. Happy reading to you too!

      Delete
  5. I had a great week, finally reading TFIOS, hahha. Your post is quite complete and it was interesting to read you! Can't wait to see what you'll think of Splintered! This weekend, I'm reading Strange Sweet Song.

    Lola@Seeing Night Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TFIOS is so good! I can't wait to see what I think of Splintered, either. I hope you enjoy Strange Sweet Song. :)

      Delete
  6. YAY for Deliverance - I cannot wait for you to finish the series! Definitely one of my favorite fantasy series. Unlike the Throne of Glass series (for me) - I liked Throne of Glass, but not so much Crown of Midnight. I guess we'll see with Heir of Fire - I'm getting to that one soon. I liked Something Strange and Deadly, was ehh about A Darkness Strange and Lovely - and I've seen mixed things about the final book. I think I'm reviewing it this week. I should check... I HATED Where Silence Gathers, despite loving Some Quiet Place. And I really liked Splintered! Unhinged, I know I have that one scheduled for Friday. Man, I should check my schedule for this coming week!

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Kaitlin!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Where Silence Gathers and . . . ehh. I'm hoping the other books I read this week are much better. You sure have read a lot of the books on my post this week. :D

      Have a wonderful weekend, Alyssa!

      Delete
  7. Great haul! DELIVERANCE!!! How I love that trilogy!!

    And yeah girl... reading Allegiance, Heir of Fire and Strange and Ever After?? That can be the worst case of feels and book hangover!!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Prepares self for the feels* I'm ready. :D

      Delete
  8. I'm looking forward to reading Anatomy of a Misfit as well! You look like you have a great week of reading ahead. Well, minus Allegiant, but I'm still bitter over that one. :) Hopefully you'll have more luck with it than I did.

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I have better luck with Allegiant too!

      Delete
  9. I love your Stolen Songbird swag, it looks amazing! I can't wait to read the book.
    Here's my STS
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of really good reads you finished! I'm also really really interested in the Half-Life of Molly Pierce, I might have to reserve it at the library. Also, I'm reading Splintered now, but I'm not that far in yet to give you an opinion of it hahaah.

    Hope you have another AWESOME reading week Kaitlin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should reserve it! It's pretty good.

      Delete
  11. Wow, you read 7 books in one week!? I am impressed! Congrats on all the wins, that is so great :) And wow, you have a very ambitious week ahead. As for Allegiant... just pretend it all stops at Insurgent (or invent a fun new ending!) and live peacefully ever after ;) Enjoy all the books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I . . . may have decided to put off reading Allegiant until another week. I have to sacrifice at least one book this week.

      Delete
  12. Oooh I Hunt Killers is one that has caught my eye but I never quite picked it up, I hope you enjoy it lovely! That swag for Stolen Songbird looks so precious too! Have a lovely week :)

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I enjoy it too. Thank you, Jeann. :) I hope you're having a great week so far.

      Delete
  13. I Hunt Killers seems like my type of book, how wasn't it on my radar? Haha. I really enjoyed The Half Life of Molly Pierce, and SPLINTERED!!! One of my favourites! Congrats on the wins! :) Happy reading!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Hunt Killers looks like such a good book! Thank you. Happy reading to you too. :)

      Delete
  14. I hope you liked Ignite ME! I loved it!

    Come and check out OUT's STS

    And dont forget to enter the giveaways!

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't had a chance to read the Defiance series yet, but everyone tells me it's fabulous! The same goes for The Winner's Curse. I Hunt Killers sounds awesome - I love the gritty looking cover! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defiance and The Winner's Curse are both really good!

      Delete
  16. Great haul you have there, I Hunt Killers sounds like a great read and I love the cover on it. I think I need to grab that one soon :D

    Happy readings!
    My new pretties :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't know that about Adobe books expiring ... until it happened to me. The book just disappears, even after you've downloaded it :(
    Hope you enjoy all these! Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the definite drawbacks to the Adobe books. :(

      I hope I do enjoy them!

      Delete
  18. Oh God. I read Heir of Fire, Strange and Ever After, Deliverance, and Ruin and Rising back to back to back to back. IT WAS NOT GREAT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, I've decided to just go with Strange and Ever After and Heir of Fire back to back.

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.