Monday, July 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (7) ~ Authors I Own The Most Books From

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and a weekly meme where we simply make a top ten list for the week's topic.

Top Ten Author I Own The Most Books From

10. Cassandra Clare & Melissa de la Cruz  (7 books each)
I have all of The Mortal Instruments series and two of The Infernal Devices (I don't have Clockwork Angel, though I've read it twice). I have six books from the Blue Bloods series plus The Ring and the Crown (for now--I want to trade/give it away).

9. J.K. Rowling (8 books)
I have the entire Harry Potter series as well as The Casual Vacancy.

8. Simone Elkeles (9 books that are technically 6)
I have all her books (I believe) except for Wild Cards. I have How to Ruin a Summer Vacation and its sequels all in one book, so it's technically one book . . . but I'm counting it as three.

7. Richelle Mead (9 books)
This will soon be 10! I absolutely Vampire Academy/Bloodlines series.☺ (One of these nine books, sadly, is an ebook.)

6. Scott Westerfeld (9 books)
If you count my e-arc of Afterworlds, I have 10, but I'm only including finished copies (and print ARCs) in this list. I love his books! I have the entire Midnighters trilogy, three of the Uglies books, two in the Leviathan series, and Peeps. That last one is the only one I didn't love. All the others are favorites.☺

5. Julie Kagawa (10 books)
This includes almost all of the Iron Fey books (I don't have the newest from the spinoff series) and the Blood of Eden trilogy in print. I have The Iron Knight in both print and in ebook, but I'm counting both.

4. Kathryn Lasky (11 books)
The Guardians of Ga'Hoole series is my favorite children's (MG?) series! Sadly, I didn't finish it. I got to book ten. The 11th book I have by the author is Blood Secret

3. Sarah Dessen (12 books that are technically 11)
Sarah Dessen is one of my all time favorite authors--she may be my top favorite, actually. I have a copy of every one of her books (I have two-in-one edition, so I technically have 11 books).

2. Jennifer L. Armentrout / J. Lynn (14 books)
I've had a lot of the books by every one of these authors (except Julie Kagawa--I only had one print book by her this time last year) since middle school, but I only started reading JLA's books in December of 2012. I'm including all of the Covenant series, four of the Lux books, a Lux novella, White Hot Kiss, Bitter Sweet Love, Don't Look Back, and Wait for You.

1. L.J. Smith (It's kinda hard to tell...it's just a lot)
If you count the actual, physical books I have, I own nine. However, I've been counting two or three-in-ones as two or three books each for the rest of the list. Almost every copy I own by this author has two or three books inside it, so I have . . . a lot. Counting them is confusing. 

Do you have a lot of books by any of these authors? Are any of them your favorites?

********************************************************
Keepin' it Real Update:

Isabel at Tween 2 Teen Book Reviews has interviewed Bethany Crandell! It's short and sweet and you should check it out here.☺

Yesterday's author feature can be found on Hiver et Café. Check out Kim Culbertson's top ten book vacations and enter to win a signed copy of Catch a Falling Star!

Don't know what Keepin' it Real is? Learn more about the event here.

26 comments:

  1. Wow. An impressive collection. I really want to read more Jennifer L. Armentrout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like there's a lot of series here, I can see how it would all add up! My one is Richelle Mead and Rachel Caine hands down, I own almost all of their series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read a Rachel Caine book! I think I've heard of her series...

      Delete
  3. J.K Rowling is also the author I have the most books from, with all the companion books, two sets of HP and The casual vacancy. I really want to get more books by Kagawa. I've read all her work so far, but I only own The Iron Fey.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kagawa is definitely an author whose books you want on your shelf!

      Delete
  4. Ha, I know what you mean about counting books inside omnibus editions. That always drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's actually funny that Jennifer Armentrout made my list as well, because I've only liked one of her books (White Hot Kiss), and I DNFed two others. But I have so many of her books! I want to try them again, though, because maybe I just wasn't in the mood for them at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's a lot of books! I have J.K. at number one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling she's on most people's lists this week. :)

      Delete
  7. How was The Casual Vacancy? All I've read from JK are the HP books and I've always wondered about her adult stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Scott Westerfield! Unfortunately, I don't own any of his books. Great list! My TTT: http://escapingrealitybookreviews.wordpress.com/2014/07/29/ten-authors-i-own-the-most-books-from/

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have quite a few authors in common on our lists. I have said this a lot today, but I don't think I will ever find myself picking up copies of the rest of Cassandra Clares books. I loved the first book in the TMI series, but the second really ruined it for me. Maybe one day I will come back to it, with the hopes that things improve.

    Great post, Mary! I know you had mentioned getting to go to a lot of events, but it's awesome seeing all of the pictures you have with the authors. I read some of Eoin Colfers books when I was younger, but I am not sure if I even have them anymore. I would have to dig through boxes. I really enjoyed your post.

    Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the TMI series does improve for you!

      Delete
  10. i do have a lot of Cassandra Clare, but not all of them. also, i need to get all 7 HP books one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do need to get all seven HP books. That way, if you feel like rereading the series, it's right there on your bookshelf! :)

      Delete
  11. I have so many Cassandra Clare books too, but about half of them are unread. I bought the whole Infernal Devices series when they were a daily deal, but never bothered to read them, and I still haven't read City of Heavenly Fire. I also have a few Scott Westerfeld books (the Uglies series, including the unfortunate 4th one- I did like the rest of the series though!) and I think two or three from Sarah Dessen and Julie Kagawa. I really need to get on reading some of these! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do need to get on reading them. They're great books. :)

      Delete
  12. I read my first Sarah Dessen - The Truth About Forever - a couple of months ago and I absolutely loved it! Care to recommend your favorites? I'd really appreciate it, hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Lullaby is my favorite out of all of them! (It was also the first Dessen book I read.) The Truth About Forever, Just Listen, and Along for the Ride are amazing books that Ive reread many times. Dreamland doesn't seem to be as popular as most of the author's books, but it has a special place in my heart. I think it's the first book that ever made me cry--the first one I've read with an abusive relationship in it too, I think.

      Lock and Key and Keeping the Mood are two that I've reread a couple times too, but I don't love them quite as much as the ones I already mentioned.

      I definitely recommend reading more Dessen books. If you loved one book, you're most likely going to love most of the others. :)

      Delete
  13. If I only count physical books, I have very few from YA authors, and even counting eBooks, the 3 authors I have the most books are Jules Verne, Agatha Christie and Terry Pratchett!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of those authors' books! I do have an Agatha Christie book somewhere, though . . .

      Delete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.