Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (29) ~ I See Two Faces

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What am I waiting on?

Falls the Shadow by Stefanie Gaither
Releasing September 16th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Goodreads description:

When Cate Benson was a kid, her sister, Violet, died. Two hours after the funeral, Cate’s family picked up Violet’s replacement. Like nothing had happened. Because Cate’s parents are among those who decided to give their children a sort of immortality—by cloning them at birth—which means this new Violet has the same smile. The same perfect face. Thanks to advancements in mind-uploading technology, she even has all of the same memories as the girl she replaced.

She also might have murdered the most popular girl in school.

At least, that’s what the paparazzi and the anti-cloning protestors want everyone to think: that clones are violent, unpredictable monsters. Cate is used to hearing all that. She’s used to defending her sister, too. But Violet has vanished, and when Cate sets out to find her, she ends up in the line of fire instead. Because Cate is getting dangerously close to secrets that will rock the foundation of everything she thought was true.

In a thrilling debut, Stefanie Gaither takes readers on a nail-biting ride through a future that looks frighteningly similar to our own time and asks: how far are you willing to go to keep your family together? 
 Why am I waiting on it?
I've been a huge fan of the cover ever since I first saw in on Pinterest. It's so intriguing! It makes me want to read its inside. Plus, it's a thriller. A lot of sci-fi isn't for me, but add in elements of a great thriller and I'm all good.☺

That's my WoW this week! What's yours?

22 comments:

  1. I am so excited for this one! I actually had scheduled it for this week's WoW, but then changed it to next week. My mind seriously needs to stop working a day behind yours- this is two posts now though I am totally keeping mine for next week because I talk about Dolly the Sheep ;) Cloning is so creepily fascinating to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess this means we have similar tastes in books. :D

      Delete
  2. I am excited to read this one. I gotten an ARC of it from Edelwiess but I am waiting a bit closer to the release date before I read it. Great choice though, this cover is such an eye catcher! :)

    Amber @ The Book Bratz
    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing!

    Nat

    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had not heard about this one before at all, but woah it sounds super cool and totally up my alley! I think I'm adding it to the wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope it turns out to be a good book!

      Delete
  5. I have seen this one around and it sounds really interesting. I really hope you'll get to read it soon. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for this one! The cover, the synopsis, the premise for this book - everything's perfect.
    Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it turns out to be a great book for you!

      Delete
  7. Ahhh, so can't wait for this. I wanted to read it just because of the cover, haha. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cover is enough to make me want to read it. :)

      Delete
  8. I'm so excited for this book too! It sounds so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? I hope it does turn out to be good.

      Delete
  9. Oooh! I love clone stories! Thanks for sharing this!

    Here's our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the concept of this story, I have to pick this one up when it releases :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover! And the book sounds way to interesting to pass up! And I rarely ever come acroos books about clones!
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.