Thursday, August 28, 2014

A Q&A Type Post

Erin from The Book Nut nominated me for the Liebster Award, but I'm sorta not formally accepting it because the award is awarded to blogs with less than 300 followers (and I don't like to break rules). I really like Erin and her blog, though, so I want to answer the questions she came up with. Plus, I just felt like answering questions.☺

1. Who is your favorite book villain?

The first one that comes to mind is Voldemort. He's definitely the most developed that I've ever read.

2. Why did you start your blog?

I wanted a place to post my reviews and thoughts on books and bookish things and actually be heard (or, er, read). When I just posted them on Goodreads, I felt like I was the only one that ever read what I was writing (well, I did get a comment or a like here and there) and I just wanted more than that.

3. If you have ever met an author, who was your favorite?

I haven't met any authors. :( 

4. Have you or will you write a book of your own?

No. I have no desire to become a writer. I'll stick to reading and promoting books.

5. Which hyped books do you refuse to read?

I don't think there are any! Well, maybe the rest of the Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck, but that doesn't seem to have that much "hype." It has a high average rating on Goodreads, though. I usually at least consider reading a book if it has a lot of hype, so I don't really refuse to read any of them.

6. What are your favorite blogs (they don't have to be under 200 followers)?


7. What is your favorite genre?

YA contemporary! More specifically, YA realistic fiction. 

8. Do you like movie adaptations? If so, which is your favorite?

I'm iffy on movie adaptations. My favorite one (out of recent adaptations) for a book I've read is Catching Fire. That one was done so well! 

9. What are your book pet peeves?

I'll go with something inside books: an ungrateful, bratty, smug, and just plain irritating younger sister that seem to be out to destroy their older sister's life. I loathe those characters and I'm always annoyed with them when they show up in a book. I'm sure I have many other pet peeves, but that's the one that always comes to mind. My least favorite book (which I'll leave unnamed) is my least favorite because it had a horrible sister. 

10. Do you use blogger programs like Blogging for Books or First to Read?

I have a feeling this isn't referring to Netgalley and Edelweiss (or maybe it is--if so, I use those). I signed up for First to Read, but eh, I rarely sign in to it. I signed up for IndieARCs as well, but I haven't requested anything yet.

11. Do you have insta-buy authors? Who are they?

Sarah Dessen. Definitely. I would list a lot more, but all of the ones I'm thinking of have books out that I haven't bought. I can't really call them insta-buy authors then, can I? :D

~~~

Thank you, Erin! I had a fun time answering these.☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.