Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Harrow Blog Tour ~ Things Amanda Troyer is Most Afraid of

Welcome to the Harrow Blog Tour! I'm a fan of YA horror, so I couldn't say no to being a part of the tour and to reviewing the book. For the tour, I'm sharing Amanda's guest post on the things she's most afraid of (I have to admit I'm sorta afraid of a few of the same things too). My review is not part of the tour, but it should be up in the next week.

Enjoy the post!

Amanda hasn’t always been a reader, but she’s always been a daydreamer. Once her sister started giving her young adult books, she realized books fuel her daydreams and has since become an avid reader and a writer as well. You can connect with her online here: http://www.amandatroyer.com/


Website / Goodreads / Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

So, in my book Brenna says she’s afraid of things she shouldn’t be scared of, while she’s least scared of things she should be scared of, and I feel like I’m the same. I tend to drive fast, and do other semi-reckless things, but I’m always running and jumping onto my bed at night (can’t let the monster arms grab you.) So here’s my list.

The dark – Yes. I am. If my husband goes out of town I bring a kid in my room to sleep in my bed or I leave bathroom lights on. So, you can imagine I don’t say no to my children’s request for nightlights since I use them myself!

Things under my bed – Like I said above, I jump into bed. I can’t even look under there at night. I’ve seen eyes under there before, I swear to you!

Blood Mary – I’m so incredibly scared of being in the bathroom and having the power go out, it’s pathetic. I stand, looking at the mirror thinking, “Don’t say bloody mary, don’t say it, don’t say it…” And if the power went out, I know my mind would start chanting it and I’d be attacking the doorknob and having a heart attack.


Doors closing by themselves – When a door closes in my house and I’m the only one there, I leave. No joke. I went out to get coffee because I couldn’t be in my creepy house for another second. And it was just a heavy door, which I found out later. :-p

Having telekinesis – Ever since seeing Carrie in Jr high I’ve been afraid of suddenly having uncontrollable telekinesis, I don’t know why that’s so scary either. But it is. What if I accidently blew stuff up? It’s a horrible thought.


Being possessed – Yep, I’ve seen a few exorcist movies, and I grew up in a very religious home. I feel like most people come from religious homes with hope, but I definitely came from one petrified. Not anyone fault, mind you, just my overactive imagination. As I was writing this book I asked myself multiple times a day, “Am I inviting the devil into my house?”

Being visited by an Incubus – I did Google searches for different mythical monsters and urban legends, and I ended up reading a ton of “reports” of people being visited by one. Thanks, Google. Now I can add THAT to my list.

Having an airplane hit my house (not just the engine) – I think it was even before Donnie Darko too… If I hear a plane I think, “That sounds like it’s going to hit my house.” Then I wait, and it gets louder. “It’s totally going to hit my house!”


Bugs crawling under my skin (The Mummy) – Lastly, I have skin issues. I can’t stand that part of The Mummy where the beetles go under his skin, and I have recurring nightmares about things getting under my skin. I also have a thing about pavement and fresh rain… There are little bubbles that form on the ground around tiny pebbles and I can’t stop imaging tiny craters in my skin. I have issues.

Paperback pages: 271
Publication Date: August 27th, 2014
Pre-order: Amazon / iTunes store / B&N / Kobo.
Available to purchase in paperback on August 27th, 2014

Book Blurb:
Sixteen-year-old Brenna doesn’t believe her vivid imagination can hurt her, until she wakes up in a church, covered in blood. Blood that isn’t hers.

She thinks her life can’t get much worse, but when she finally finds a way to escape her abusive home, her imagination turns to nightmarish hallucinations.

Niven likes staying inside the abandoned church, hiding from his violent father. The two bond through art and misery, but Brenna knows good things in her life don’t last long.

Her delusions take a horrific turn when she thinks she sees two men gruesomely murdered by a monster in the church basement, but in the end, she’s the one with blood on her hands.
What are you afraid of? Are you afraid of any of the same things Amanda is?

Me? There are certain nights that I'm afraid of the dark (a combination of darkness and silence makes me paranoid). After seeing the Supernatural episode of Bloody Mary, I've been a little scared of that legend. I'm not afraid of an airplane hitting my house, but I am afraid of a tree falling down and on top of it (which could totally happen since I'm surrounded by trees where I live and some have fallen across my driveway during storms).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.