Friday, August 1, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (30) ~ Gearing Up for the Fall and Winter

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves. I like to use the meme to also give a recap of my week in reading and blogging.
(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads.)

My Haul

Digital
Freebies

For Review
Most of these are 2015 releases, so I may not get to them for a few months. I'm going to read Harrow soon, though, because it releases this month. 

Thank you to Edelweiss, Netgalley, HarperCollins, HarperTeen, Amulet Books, Balzer + Bray, Sea Dragon Press, and Amanda Troyer for the e-ARCs! 

Bookshelf Additions
Won
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley (ARC)
The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings (ARC - have read before)
The Things You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Conner (ARC)
17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen (ARC)
If I Stay by Gayle Forman (paperback)
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (signed hardcover)


Thank you, Jamie (Fiction Fare), Amanda (i solemnly swear book reviews), and Emery Lord!

Bought
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (paperback)
Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick (hardcover - have read before)

Reading

Read/Finished
Between continuing my Harry Potter reread and rereading a few of the Lux books before getting to Obsidian, I only made a small dent in my TBR. Whoops.☺ I'll have reviews for Strange and Ever After (3.5 stars - I have a rant brewing...) and Illusions of Fate (4 stars - I had a fun time reading it!) up in the next week or two. Illusions of Fate was the first out of many fall ARCs that I'm going to be reading for the next couple months. 

Blogging
Keepin' it Real has started! This is a contemporary event that I'm hosting with Eli @ RealityLapse. Check out the kickoff here the recap of the first week here. A big giveaway to encourage commenting on the author features is starting today! 

I said goodbye to July and hello to August in this post (my first month's recap in ages). I participated in Top Ten Tuesday, Waiting on Wednesday, and the Let's Get Lost Book Blitz. Unfortunately, I DNFed Let's Get Lost this week (read my review to find out why). On Wednesday evening, I posted a random list of things I want to accomplish as a blogger because, well, I just felt like it.

That's it for me! How was your week? What books did you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.