Friday, August 29, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (33) ~ A Great Week of Bookmail

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves. I like to use the meme to also give a recap of my week in reading and blogging.
(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads.)

My Haul

Digital
Bought

For Review
I requested Scratch because I've been in the mood for NA. Hopefully it turns out to be a good one! I'm part of the blog tour for Divinity, so I'll be reading that one soon. Harper added new titles to Edelweiss, but I only grabbed the two I'm super excited for. I also downloaded The Orphan Queen sampler that was added (and it's really good)!

Thank you, Netgalley, Kensington, Spencer Hill Press, HarperCollins, Balzer + Bray and Edelweiss for the review copies!

Bookshelf Additions

For Review
Rumble by Ellen Hopkins
Andye at Reading Teen has a "Review my Books" thing on her site and I was able to get this one! I've already read, loved, and reviewed it. :)

#OTSPSecretSister
#OTSPSecretSister is a secret Santa type program hosted by On the Same Page (who also host the ARC tours I've been involved it). I've always wanted to do something like this, so I signed up for it when sign ups were open.☺
My secret sister sent me a college themed package because I'm starting school next month and I love everything she sent me! The notes are so sweet and many of the things are ones I had been wanting (especially the post-it notes because I had recently ran out of them). Fangirl is a beautiful hardcover and I'm so excited to read it!

Amazon Pre-order
Magnolia by Kristi Cook
Between by Megan Whitmer
Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee
Between the Spark and the Burn by April Genevieve Tucholke

I placed an order for these books quite awhile ago, so I was so excited to get them! Between the Spark and the Burn is a sequel, but . . . I haven't actually read the first one.

Bought from Kierra
Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
Notes from Ghost Town by Kate Ellison
Through the Zombie Glass by Gena Showalter
Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs (signed)
Sweet Legacy by Tera Lynn Childs (signed)
Gated by Amy Christine Parker (signed/annotated)

This makes a total of nine books (the other three are in this haul) I've bought from Kierra (@_kierra8). She was selling them for $5 a piece on Twitter, and since nearly all the ones she had available were either ones I had at least a little interest in or ones I had already read, I couldn't resist. The six above cost $25 total (I got one for free) and I'm very happy with my buy!

Blogging

Memes: I posted my list of Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don't Own Yet and chose Open Thy Heart by Jessica L. Brooks as my WoW pick this week.

Reviews: I reviewed Harrow by Amanda Troyer and Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin. They were both 3.5 star reads.

Random: I answered some questions from Erin @ The Book Nut in a Q&A type post.

Guest Review on Reading Teen: My five star review of Rumble by Ellen Hopkins has been posted! You can read all about why I loved it so much right here. (I'll be cross posting it here this week, so you'll be able to see it here too.)

That's it for me! How was your week? What books did you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.