Sunday, September 21, 2014

Books Worth Staring At (1) ~ New Feature Alert!

We all love a pretty looking book, right? We book lovers not only love the stories inside books, but covers, spines, naked hardcovers, chapter headers, maps, textures, and the overall design as well. I seem to have a new favorite book to look at every few days, so I thought it would be fun to try a feature in which I share which books I feel are worth staring at.

I'm aiming to post this feature every Monday and I'll feature up to four books each week. 

Black, White, and Pick Contrast & Drawings Inside! - Damsel Distressed by Kelsey Macke

This is the book that inspired featured because, well, look at it! The cover looks really pretty and neat, the colors contrast well, and the drawings inside are cute. I had no idea they would be inside, so it was surprise.☺




There's actually an album that goes with the book! Each illustration contains the title of the song that goes with the song and a QR that will take you to that song. (The songs are available on DamselDistressed.com.) I had no clue there would be drawings in this book, much less ones connected with music!


Textured & Gorgeously Blue - Altered by Gennifer Albin


When I first got my copy of this book, I stared at it for so long (and petted the cover). The hourglass and the dark blue background are two different textures and the title is a little raised, so it looks like the cover has three layers that stack on top of one another. This hardcover is beautiful.


 

A Cover I Didn't Like Until I Saw It In Print - Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones

I've been staring at my Illusive ARC ever since I got it in the mail two weeks ago. Something about the finish (I want to say matte, but that may be wrong...) makes the cover look so much cooler than its digital version. It's like the cover is a higher quality; the details look sharper. I love its texture and its spine too.


I never really paid attention to this book until I won it in a giveaway (that had other books I was interested in), but now I'm really excited for it!



Pretty Spine That Pops Out on the Shelf - Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John

This book has been catching my eye quite a bit lately! It's been standing out the most on my contemporary read shelf and I wanted to share some picture of the spine I've been staring at.



I like that the book is blue underneath the jacket. 

What do you think of the new feature? Are any of these books ones you find worth staring at as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.