Saturday, September 27, 2014

Does Your Blog Name Have a Story Behind It? (Q&A Discussion Launch)

My blog name can be linked to a memory from middle school (over four years ago). I was a part of Battle of the Books (which you can learn about here if you've never heard of it) in 8th grade and read 10 or maybe 12 books throughout the year in order to prepare for the competition. It was the first time I participated when I a) was an actual avid reader and b) finished every single book on the list (I still kinda feel proud of myself for doing that). When the competition finally came . . . well, we sucked. Out of entire school, there were only two people signed up to go: me and this little 6th grade boy that I had just met. Most teams had three people and most schools had two teams there. We ended up getting second-to-last place, which is . . . not so good.

However, it was a lot of fun! Looking back, it is one of my favorite memories from all of middle school.

You're probably wondering how on earth all that connects to my blog name--a name I came up with more than three years after that even took place.

Well, I was given a certificate for participating (I wish I knew where it was so I could share a picture) and at the bottom there was a quote:
“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.” ~ Walt Disney
I decided in that moment that the quote was my new favorite because it was SO TRUE and then when it came time to the struggle that was coming up with a blog name, I thought of Battle of the Books--the reading, the competition, the fun--and decided to just figure out something that fit with the quote and voila! Reading is My Treasure was born.

The End!

Now, the "Q&A Discussion Launch" bit:

This post is the start of a new sort-of-feature where I write discussion posts based off of questions. For this first one, I decided to go with a question of my own that I've wanted the opportunity to answer.

However, from here on out, I want to write the posts based off of your questions. What do you want to know about me? What bookish things do you want to know my opinion on? What are some things outside of reading and blogging that you want my thoughts on? Ask me anything!

I'm hoping that by having questions submitted by you guys will motivate me to actually write discussion posts (a lot of my ideas fizzle out before I even start typing). Plus, I'm curious about what questions you may ask.☺

If you want to submit a question for me to answer in a post, go ahead and include it in with your comment on this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.