Thursday, September 18, 2014

Review ~ Storm by Danielle Ellison

Series: Salt #2
Genre: YA paranormal
Pages: 362
Publication date: September 29th, 2014
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Goodreads Description: 
Up until recently, Penelope was a witch with no magic. After having it stolen by a demon when she was just a child, Penelope had been forced to rely on sharing others’ powers as she went through the grueling training required to become an elite demon hunter. Now Penelope has more magic than she’s ever known. And when you’re this powerful, who needs salt to keep the demons away?

But power has a dark side.

Carter Prescott just wants to hunt demons and be with Penelope. But suddenly, witches who formerly had no magic are developing terrible, out-of-control powers. Now the world Carter swore to protect isn’t just endangered by malicious demons―it’s threatened by the same witches who once defended it. And Carter is horrified to see his girlfriend starting to change. Stronger. More powerful. Unrecognizable. It’s just a matter of time before Penelope changes into something far beyond his worst fears... 
Source: I received an e-arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Storm was a solid sequel to Salt. In some ways, it felt like an even stronger book. The writing and the story seemed a little better. I was excited to continue this series and I'm happy to say that I really enjoyed reading Penelope's story.

Salt was a fun read, but Storm felt more serious. Penelope changed and became a darker character as she struggled with her magic. As she did that, Carter became more and more worried. The stakes were higher and the story felt stronger (though I liked the one in the first book better).

Carter and Penelope were an adorable couple! I loved them together. I also loved how he was always there for her; he never stopped looking out for her. Plus, there was a lot of kissing and cute flirting that made the book fun.

I really liked the characters. Both the main characters grew in their own ways. Most of the side characters were great, but I missed Ric. He was still there, but not as much as in the first book. I really liked Connie! I actually wouldn't mind reading a companion-like sequel where she gets her own story.

Overall, Storm was a great sequel in an enjoyable series! I'm pretty sure this was a duology since the ending felt like a conclusion to Penelope's story, so I recommend reading it if you like a short and fun series with interesting magic and great romance!


Question time!

Has there been an adorable couple in any of your recent reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.