Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Q&A Discussion ~ What Are Your Reading Habits?

This is my new discussion feature-type post where I answer your questions! What do you want to know about me? What bookish things do you want to know my opinion on? What are some things outside of reading and blogging that you want my thoughts on? Ask me anything! (Questions may be submitted in comments on the latest Q&A Discussion post.)
What Are Your Reading Habits?
Asked by


There's one big reading habit that comes to mind and I feel like it's kind of an odd one (but I recently found out one of my best friends does the same thing, so I know I'm not alone in this). 

When I read, I usually don't just follow the words with my eyes. I usually use my hands too. With my Kindle, I run a finger down the side of the screen (but not on it--that can throw me off from my spot quite a bit if I did that) as I get further down the page. With print books, I take my bookmark or a piece of paper and line it up underneath the sentence I'm on and move it down as I go from line to line. I think I do this mostly when I'm reading quicker than usual (either because I want to get through the book faster or because the story is fast paced), but it could be more often than I realize. I may do it because I want something else to do while reading other than lie there and move my eyes along the sentences.

Not quite that quickly, but this is what I do when I read ebooks.

What else? Hmm...oh! I tend to stop reading in the midst of chapter or during a scene when I take breaks. Is that odd too? A lot of people seem to like to finish the chapter before taking a break from a book, but while I would prefer to do that, I usually end up stopping in the middle of a scene.

(In fact, I'm in the middle of a scene in Blue Lily, Lily Blue as I'm clicking publish on this post.) 

And that's it, I believe.

Your turn! What are your reading habits? Do you think mine are odd?

If you have any questions for me to write future Q&A Discussions on, please include them in with your comment! It can be about pretty much anything (even if it isn't book related)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.