Saturday, October 18, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (39) ~ Used Books!

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves. I like to use the meme to also give a recap of the week's posts.
(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads.)

Got From Amazon

In The Mail
I bought City of a Thousand Dolls and Chains from @hellojennyreviews on Instagram and got Glory of Brien's History of the Future from Stormy from ARCycling. Thanks, ladies!☺

Yard Sale & Goodwill Buys
I got The Secret Life of Bees and East of Eden at Goodwill for $1.99 each and the rest of the others for $0.25 each. The two Danielle Steel books were for my mom, but the rest are for me. The rest of the titles are The Poisonwood Bible (which I've read), The Midwife of Hope River, Sizzling Sixteen, Smokin' Seventeen, The Husband's Secret, and Rage
Blog
I posted two Q&A Discussions this week! I answered the following questions: What Is Your All Time Favorite Book (Monday) and How Do You Request Review Copies From Publishers? (Thursday). I also posted this week's Books Worth Staring At post (featuring October releases I think would look gorgeous in print), my review of Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer, and another WoW post. Lastly, I shared a guest post from Tracy Lawson (the author of a NA thriller titled Counteract) in which she introduces us to one of the main characters from her book!

Reading
I started Snow Like Ashes and The Dream Thieves and finished both yesterday. I also (finally) finished Abhorsen yesterday and read half of Cress.

Life
My week was okay. Tuesday and Wednesday sucked because there were just so many little things that were bothering me. But I think I did well on my first General Chemistry exam on Thursday and I was able to get a ton of reading done yesterday. That made up for the sucky parts of the week! Plus, it's officially my birthday weekend. There's a book sale at my local library today, which I'm really excited for. I'm also doing some other shopping with my mom and then (hopefully) seeing The Maze Runner with a friend or two on Sunday (which is my birthday). Oh, and reading. I plan to finish Cress and start Blue Lily, Lily Blue this weekend.

Speaking of birthdays . . . I hope to have something special up on the blog tomorrow to celebrate.☺

That's it for me this week! How about you? How has your week been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.