Saturday, October 25, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (40) ~ Birthday Haul

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves. I like to use the meme to also give a recap of the week's posts.
(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads.)

Got From Amazon

From Netgalley & Edelweiss

I'm so excited to read Sweet Damage! Rebecca James also wrote Beautiful Malice, which is probably my all time favorite YA thriller. I absolutely loved that book! Hopefully the author will wow me again.☺

Thank you to Patchwork Press, Entangled Teen, Curiosity Quills Press, Netgalley, Random House/Bantam, and Edelweiss for the review copies!

Library Book Sale
Yay for library book sales! It took place the day before my birthday, which was pretty awesome. Hardcovers were $1 each and paperbacks were only $0.25 each. My stack of 10 books cost a total of $4.75. It's made up of a variety of books by authors I've read before (Odd Thomas and Guilt), books I've been wanting to read (The Joy Luck ClubSnow Flower and the Secret FanThirteenth Tale), books that just caught my eye (The Poe Shadow and The Makioka Sisters), a sequel to a book I want to read (Ashen Winter), and duplicate copies of books I already own (The Kite Runner and The Night Circus).

#OTSPSecretSister
My Secret Sister is amazing! I got this package the day after my birthday (perfect timing, right?) and it was so exciting to open. She gave me an ARC of The Fire Artist by Daisy Whitney, a sampler of The Young Elites by Marie Lu, Legend by Marie Lu, The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz, some chocolate, a couple buttons, a birthday card, and a card that I can write back to her with (pen pal style). Each of the books has a note on it that basically explains why she included it (most are diverse books because those are what I've been looking for lately). The whole package was super thoughtful and I love everything about it.☺

Won
Thank you, Courtney Alameda for the amazing giveaway and to Hillary Monohan for signing MARY: A Summoning! With book came a USB camera necklace (which has an e-arc of Shutter on it) and some Cakebites. 


For Review!
Thank you so much to Bloomsbury and Lizzy Mason for The Start of Me and You! This is my very first physical ARC I've gotten from an email request and I'm so excited to read and review it! 

Blog

Reading
I started Cress by Marissa Meyer, Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater, and The 52nd by Dela. The only book I finished was Cress, which was really good. 

Life
Despite the KH-related craziness in the blogosphere since the 18th (if you don't know what I'm talking about, Buzzfeed has a great post about it), my week was amazing. My birthday weekend was so much fun and the rest of the week went great too. A lot of good things happened (as you can tell from the pictures in this book haul).☺

That's it for me this week! How about you? How has your week been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.