Friday, November 7, 2014

Review ~ Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

Series: The Raven Cycle #3
Genre: YA paranormal
Pages: 391
Publication Date: October 21st, 2014
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Goodreads Description: 
There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.


The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.


Friends can betray.

Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.

Certainties can unravel. 
Source: I received an e-arc of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

First off, I need to say that I'm not a BIG fan of The Raven Cycle. I really like it, but I don't love it. The characters and writing are amazing, but I've never been invested in the plot enough to become a fan. My rating is only half a star lower than what I rated The Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves, so don't take it as a sign that I was disappointed in this book.

I didn't like this book as much as the first two, partly because it took me so long to read (over three weeks). One day, I paused reading and decided to pick other books up instead for a little while. Some of my connection to the story was lost during that time and I became even less invested in the plot than in the previous two books.

However, I loved the characters. Blue was probably my favorite, though I could easily call Ronan my favorite too. If you already love the characters, you'll continue to love them. If you haven't met the characters yet, trust me, Stiefvater has does a great job creating and developing them.

I liked the magic. It got pretty bizarre, and although I didn't always understand what the heck was happening, it felt like it was executed well. The magic in this series is definitely no the kind found in most books. 

Overall, I didn't LOVE this one, but I did like reading it. The author is quite talented, even though I didn't like the plot as much as the other parts of the book. I'm looking forward to reading the next installment in this series!


I'm not sure what theory I was talking about . . . I highly doubt it was right, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.