Thursday, November 20, 2014

TBR Expectations (1) ~ 2014 Releases

I'm working on adding a few elements to my reviews to make them more than just a couple paragraphs about my thoughts on the book and maybe my Goodreads updates. One new thing I want to do is compare my expectations I have before reading the book to my thoughts on it after I review it to see if my expectations are not met, met, exceeded, etc. The plan is to share those expectations here before I read the book then bring back those statements with my reviews . Let's see if this goes as planned!

Because I have a lot of review copies to catch up on reading, I'm including 15 in this post. There will be a second post with the rest of my 2014 releases on it. 


Last Will and Testament by Dahlia Adler

I haven't read anything by Dahlia Adler yet, but I'm expecting her to do NA right. I feel like she knows a lot about this category and knows how to make a book within it a great one. I'm also expecting to absolutely love the romance.

For Real by Alison Cherry
I'm expecting this to be a lot of fun and I'm hoping that it'll suck me in.

Suspicion by Alexandra Monir
I'm trying to stay away from reviews of this one, but I haven't been hearing great things about it on Twitter. So, I'm a little nervous about starting this one. I'm expecting to have a couple problems with this book--maybe with the romance or parts of the story.

One Song Away by Molli Moran
I'm expecting to like this one, but not love it. I actually haven't read the description. The author is really nice, so I decided to request her upcoming NA from Netgalley. The cover makes it look like a sweet romance, but I tend to prefer my NAs with more edge and drama.

Anomaly by Tonya Kuper
I didn't purposely get this book from Netgalley and I haven't read the description, so I don't really have any expectations. The average Goodreads rating is good, so hopefully it'll turn out to be a great read!

(If you want to know how I got this, the author tweeted a link to Netgalley that turned out to be the invite link. I clicked on it on my phone, but didn't sign in, but when I went back to the site on my phone a day or two later, I somehow ended up with the book.)

Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little
This one looks like it would have a rich feel to it, according to its genre (it looks like a fantasy with a lot of historical elements). I'm expecting to love the romance and the setting. 

A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
Okay . . . I got this book solely because of the cover. I know. Don't judge a book by its cover, right? But it's so hard to not do that! I've heard great things about it, though, so I'm expecting this to be one of those sci-fis that make me forget that the genre is one of my least favorites.

How We Fall by Kate Brauning
I'm expecting to rave about this one in my review. That is all.

Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker
*cocks head and looks at book with curiosity* I have no idea what to expect from this book because a) I don't remember reading the description and b) I haven't read reviews for it. I'm going in blind. *crosses fingers and hopes it was a good idea to get book*

Bleed Like Me by C. Desir
I'm sure I'll love this one! I'll probably have a lot to say in my review, too. It seems like my type of read. ☺

Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley
I'm expecting to absolutely love this one and to end up highly recommending it in my review!

God's Play by H.D. Lynn
I'm not expecting to love this one because I'm not sure if it's my type of read, but it seems like it would have some pretty cool elements to it.

Falling into Place by Amy Zhang
This one seems like it would have a lot of meaning to it. I'll probably rave about that and the writing in my review. There may be some parts that I feel a little meh about, though.

Of Monsters and Madness by Jessica Verday
I'm expecting this one to disappoint me. It hasn't seemed to go well with my Goodreads friends.

Sweet Damage by Rebecca James
I'm expecting to be wowed! This one could become a new favorite of mine. The author's other YA thriller was amazing and hopefully this one is as good.

Have you read any of these books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.