Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (33) ~ The Sequel I'm Drawn To

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What am I waiting on?

All That Glows by Ryan Graudin
February 10th, 2015 from HarperTeen


Goodreads description (may contain spoilers ofAll That Glows:
In this thrilling sequel to All That Glows, the worlds of magic and mortal are colliding as London celebrates its new king, marking an era of unity between the Faery realm and the human one. Emrys, the Faery guard to the British royal family, sacrificed her powers to be with King Richard, choosing love over immortality. But now, as Emrys struggles to navigate her place between the Faery queen’s court and London’s lavish galas, danger looms beyond the Thames.When a prisoner with dark, strange magic breaks out of Queen Titania’s labyrinthine prison, endangering Emrys's king and sparking an uprising, Emrys must make the hardest decision of all.

Will she reclaim her magic to save Richard’s life and lose him forever? Or stay powerless as the kingdom goes down in flames?
Why am I waiting on it?
Have you ever really wanted to read a sequel to a book felt "meh" about? That's the case with me for this book. I didn't enjoy reading All That Glows that much (you can read my review here) and the second half didn't leave a great impression on me, but I'm constantly drawn to the sequel for some reason. I've been resisting getting an e-arc of it from Edelweiss, but I'll probably break soon and download it (especially since I just finished reading The Walled City yesterday and am eager to read more of the author's work).

That's my WoW this week! What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.