Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Blogger Interview ~ Lynne from Words of Mystery

Hello there! I have an interview with the wonderful Lynne, a blogger at Words of Mystery. I know her mainly from Twitter (@WordsofMystery). Mystery is only one of many genres (from both YA and adult) she features on her blog.

Learn more about Lynne by checking out the interview below! Enjoy.☺



Hi Lynne!

What have been the best books you've read this year?


Ooh thats a hard question as I actually read alot of great books this year:
•For adult fiction two of my favourites this year were, The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy by Rachel Joyce and Colourless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami. 
•For YA, I loved Open Road Summer by Emery Lord and My True Love Gave to Me a holiday collection edited by Stephanie Perkins. 
•And for mysteries/thrillers I really enjoyed Faceoff! which is a collection of short stories from some well known thriller authors that is edited by David Baldacci. 
•Finally for non-fiction I liked the memoir by Lainey from Lainey Gossip, Listen to the Squawking Chicken

If you could spend an entire day within a book world, which world would you want to visit the most?
Without a doubt, the Harry Potter world! 

What makes a good mystery novel? What are a couple mysteries you highly recommend?
Personally I think the plot has to be compelling enough that you want to read on to find out what happens next as well there should be an intriguing protagonist and a good cast of supporting characters. I would recommend A Trick of the Light from the Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny which I adore, The Red Queen Dies by Frankie Y Bailey, and of course, Faceoff! which is edited by David Baldacci since its a short story collection and serves as a good introduction to many great thriller/mystery writers.

What makes a book cover great for you?
Something that's simple but still catches my eye design wise and makes sense based on what the book is about.

Besides reading and blogging, what do you like to do?

I love to travel and try different types of foods. I also love to write, and I am one half (the writing half) of the the team behind the webcomic, #fakememories which you guys should totally check out at: http://htfakememories.grn.cc/

What is one of your favorite songs at the moment?

As the holidays are just around the corner, I've been listening to alot of Christmas music. my two favourite songs are Stay Here (Christmas version) by Push Play and It Ain't Christmas by Autumn Hill.

What are three 2015 titles you cannot wait to read?

The top three titles I CANNOT wait to read in 2015 are actually not mysteries, they are: Winter by Marissa Meyer (the last book in the Lunar Chronicles series) China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan (the sequel to Crazy Rich Asians) and The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord.

Thanks for answering my questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.