Friday, December 26, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (48) ~ Christmas Haul!

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves. I like to use the meme to also give a recap of the week's posts.
(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads.)

This haul is from the last two weeks!


Amazon Ebooks

Digital Review Copies
I got Monstrous after the author mentioned a dragon on Twitter. Apparently Vanishing Girls has been available on EW for months! I'm always excited for a Lauren Oliver book, so I went ahead and downloaded it.☺

Thank you to HarperCollins and Edelweiss for these e-arcs!

Last Week's Mail
I got this from the NOVL newsletter.☺ Thank you, NOVL! 

Gifts in the Mail
I don't think I've ever gotten a surprise gift in the mail before this week, so finding the little pocket journal from Jessica L. Brooks was really exciting. Thank you, Jessica!

I got some presents from my #OTSPSecretSister! Besides the books, there's some hot chocolate, a mug, Sherlock buttons, hand sanitizer, a bunch of chocolate, and an owl ornament (which looks a lot like Harry Potter). The books are Memoirs of a Geisha, Graffiti Moon, and Zodiac (yay!!).

Thank you, Secret Sister!☺

Books and Bookish Mug
My mom bought me The Girl of Fire and Thorns, The Young Elites, Of Metal and Wishes, Four: A Divergent Story CollectionThe Impossible Knife of Memory, and a bookish mug. Also (though the package hasn't arrived yet) she got me a few buttons with blog name on it. She got the name from my brother, who apparently reads my blog (*waves to brother*). Those should be in my next haul!
Blog
Since this is a two-week haul, here are my posts from the past two weeks!

Reviews: One Song Away by Molli MoranLove, Lucy by April Lindner / The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black / Ignite by Sara B. Larson / Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley / For Real, Beware the Wild, Veil of Anonymity, and Anomaly



Interviews: Sarah Sky (author of the Jessica Cole: Model Spy series) and Lynne (blogger at Words of Mystery

Top 10 of 2014: The Best Books I Read in 2014 / Prettiest Covers / Book with Dual POVs / Book Boyfriends / 2015 Releases I'm Looking Forward to Reading

Reading
I think . . . I'm in a reading slump (a small one). Last Tuesday, I was in this weird devour-all-the-books mood and read 700 pages. I barely did anything that day besides read, which I know I shouldn't have done. Whenever I read a lot in a short period of time, I fall into a slump. So . . . no more reading that many pages in one day for me!

In the past two weeks (well, mostly last week), I finished Love, Lucy, Beware the Wild, Last Will and Testament, Stay with Me (finally), The Distance Between Us, Another Little Piece, Salt & Stone, and Red Queen.

I'm currently in the beginning of Sweet Damage and A Thousand Pieces of You and halfway through Dark Triumph. DT is moving slow for me, though, and with the small blogging slump, I feel like I'm just slogging through pages right now.

Life
Let's see if I can keep this short . . . .

These past two weeks have consisted of Christmas, family (two visits to my grandparents' house!), relatives with selective or just plain bad hearing, gifts, wrapping, baking, sweets, blog organization attempts, BookOutlet shopping, too much time on Twitter, turkey, tea drinking, glitter (glittery wrapping paper shouldn't exist), and even more sweets. 

Oh! And creating a new section of my blog. Check out my new Helpful Links for Bloggers page (there's a few different ones, actually). It's there for any of you who have blogging questions! The ARC section is the most developed one right now, but I'm seeking links for the coding/design and advice/discussion page.

That's it for me this week! How about you? How has your week been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.