Monday, December 29, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (17) ~ Goals/Resolutions for 2015

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and a weekly meme where we simply make a top ten list for the week's topic.

Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015

Reading

1. Read at least 144 books.

This is my Goodreads goal! It's kind of a random number because I had a tough time deciding on what it should be.
2. Read more books from my bookshelf than in 2014. 

As of today, I've read 159 books. Out of all of those, around 120 of them were review copies. That means I've read less than 39 of my own books, considering that some were library copies. And not all of the ones from my own shelf were ones that I bought (some were gifts). I've bought a lot of books, but I haven't been reading them. This needs to change!

3. Make an effort to request print ARCs more often and limit the number of  e-ARCs I request/download.

First of all, doing this should make the number of review copies I get smaller since I only just started reviewing print ARCs and won't be receiving them on a regular basis for awhile. Also, I like sharing books and I'm hoping to donate, trade, or give away the ones I review.

Blogging

4. Start featuring authors on a regular basis and stick with it.

Here's what has always happened: I get in a mood for features, find a bunch of authors to feature, post all of those features, forget to make an effort to find interested authors, get in the mood for featuring them again months later. It's a cycle that I really don't like and I want to finally break it, even if I don't end up featuring author regularly throughout most of the year.

5. Co-host a blog event with another blogger.

I co-hosted a contemporary event involving both authors and bloggers during this last summer, but it didn't go over as well as I had hoped. For this year, I want to co-host an author event or maybe a readathon. I also want to keep it more organized than the last one I did.

6. Post helpful tips and tricks about blogging, organization, etc.

I do have the occasional great idea, like these TBR boxes and this way to keep track of review copies, and I want to post my ideas here. They'll at least be something different from my usual reviews, memes, and author features.

7. Post more personal type posts.

I haven't written very many posts that allow you to get to know me, the girl behind the blog and reviews. 2015 seems like a great time to finally start telling you more about me.

8. Get more into discussion post writing.

I really want to post more discussions! I have a lot of ideas, but I don't get to posting them often. Getting my thoughts out of my head and into writing is always tough, but I'm hoping to practice and get better with it.

Life

9. Work out more often.

I'm terrible at this! But I tried out Blogilates recently and really liked it, so I'm starting with that.☺

10. Work on my social skills.

I just want to talk to people more often and get to know them better. I definitely don't do this enough. This applies to bloggers and authors as well as my friends and family offline!

What are your 2015 goals/resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.