Thursday, January 1, 2015

New to Me Authors That I Need to Read Books By in 2015

Do you own a couple books by authors, but haven't read any of their work yet? Do you keep getting books those authors or are excited for their upcoming releases (despite not knowing if you like they're writing)? This is definitely the case with me! There are several authors that I need to finally read books by and this year seems like the year to finally get to them.

(The covers I include are the books I own. Click on them to go to their Goodreads pages.:)

I won an ARC of Unremembered the summer of 2013 and an ARC of Unforgotten in 2014 (I think it was in the summer too). The third book in the series is releasing in February, so I think it's about time that I finally read these books.

I'm excited for Stephanie's 2015 release, Delicate Monsters, simply because it's by Stephanie. I don't even know what it's about! Despite not having read anything by her, I'm automatically interested in every book she writes. I should probably find out if I even like her writing before getting Delicate Monsters, right?

I've read this author's writing in a sneak peek of A Darker Shade of Magic, but that's not the same as reading one of her books. I love her writing, though, and definitely need to get to her books already!

With all the excitement over The Selection series, I need to find out what all the fuss is about and figure out if this is a series I want to read.

I did try Legend a couple years ago, but only read a few chapters before returning it to the library. But I did the same thing with Shadow and Bone around the same time and I ended up loving it when I bought a copy and tried it again. The same could happen with Legend! I've been wanting to retry it again for sometime. Plus, I have another one of her books now! This is the year to get to at least one of them.

I can't believe I haven't read any of Nikki's books! She's one of my favorite ones to talk to on Twitter. I've featured her and have a signed bookmark from her on my wall, so I definitely need to finally get her books this year!
Okay, I don't have Breaking Saint Jude because it's not even out yet, but I did pre-order. In my mind, it's already mine.

Since the end of summer, I've gone from being curious about Of Metal and Wishes to wanting to read all of Sarah's books, all without reading a single page of her writing. I have three series starters, so I should read at least one of them before getting the rest of her books, right?


And the author that inspired this post. . . .

I just discovered that Megan is publishing nine books in 2015 (from this post). NINE BOOKS. I had this panicky moment where I thought, "I'm so behind in her books!!" I haven't even read any of them, yet I'm apparently planning to read most of them? I wouldn't feel behind in her books if I wasn't interested in her future releases. Nine more books from Megan sounds awesome!

Which new to you authors do you need to read books by in 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.