Wednesday, February 25, 2015

15 Confessions I've Been Meaning to Make

This is in the style of the Nineteen Random Songs From My Queue and 19 Random Facts About Me posts I've made. These lists are personal type posts that allow you to get to know me more outside of bookish stuff! 

These confessions are mostly related to books or entertainment, but there are a couple more serious ones.

Enjoy the list (and don't be too mad at me about some of these, especially the last one).

1. I'm not a fan of libraries.

I know, this is an unpopular booklover opinion. The libraries I've been to have just been . . . unwelcoming. It's too quiet. When I walk through one, I feel like I'm going to make a wrong move and disturb every single person in the building. It's like I'm walking on eggshells! My public one seems even more unfriendly because I was rejected for a library card twice and almost a third time (for various reasons that made me really upset).

Maybe when I move away to another area, I'll like libraries more. I'm certain I've just been to the wrong ones.

My first library card . . . which I used once.

2. I've only ever checked out one book from a public library.
This was when I was in first or second grade when I got my first library card. For some reason, I never used that again (though I still have it). I got a library card on my 18th birthday, but only used it a couple times to check out a few audiobooks through Oregon's online library. 

Don't worry. I have checked out books from school libraries before.

3. I don't know if I'll ever watch The Fault in Our Stars.
Maybe. One day. Not soon, though. I have this weird aversion to the idea of watching the movie. 

4. I'm a fan of Twilight.
Twilight is actually one of the books that got me into YA. I consider The Golden Compass as the book that made me fall in love with reading, This Lullaby as my gateway into contemporary romance, and Twilight as my gateway into YA in general. I finished the series before the first movie was even played in theaters and it's one of my favorites. I feel like the movies absolutely ruined the books.

5. I really like movies with Kristen Stewart in them.
I've seen quite a few of them! She was one of my favorite actresses before Twilight and continues to be one of my favorites. 

Movies I've seen with her in them: Speak, Zathura: A Space Adventure, The Messengers, In the Land of Women, The Cake Eaters (such a strange movie), Into the Wild (small role, I know), The Yellow Handkerchief, Twilight series, Adventureland, Welcome to the Rileys, The Runaways, and Snow White and the Huntsman.


6. I technically DNFed Harry Potter the first time I tried the first book.
I think I tried reading it in fifth grade? I'm not sure how much I read, but I just remember not finishing it for some reason. I tried it again after I fell in love with reading, and loved it then.

7.  I used to look through books for interesting parts when I was bored, then didn't go back to finish reading them.
Sometimes I would just feel so stuck in one spot of a book. So, I sometimes flipped through the pages to see what would catch my eye. I did this with Going Bovine, which is why I know how it ends when I can't seem to make it through half the book without DNFing.

8. I don't like cussing around people.
When I'm alone, I'll use bad language. When I'm thinking, I'll use bad language. But when I'm around people? I have super innocent language. 

9. I've never used a picture of just myself in any of my social media profile pictures.
There were maybe one or two times where I used a group photo as my FB profile. Other than that, I rarely post any pictures with me in them. Most of the ones online are ones my friends uploaded and tagged me in.

Selfies are just not my thing.

10. My Twitter account used to be a giveaway account.
I'm not proud of this admission, but hey, my account is used for way better things now! I didn't see how amazing Twitter is until maybe a month after I started blogging. 

11. I'm really interested in working in marketing, but it terrifies me.
Me in marketing? Ha! I laugh at that, but it's one of the only fields I'm even interested in working in. In my senior year, I was so sure that I wanted to work in zoology, but then my interest starting shifting. My college plans changed. My life plans went up in smoke. One of the biggest reasons why I hated senior year was this "what the hell am I going to do?" crisis I was having. It was at the end of my first term of college (just this last December) that I embraced the fact that I had absolutely no interest in working in science anymore.

Adulting is scary, people.

12. I'm a shy person that wishes she were more extroverted.
This is my daily battle. Whether I'm at the college or at home on Twitter, I feel so . . . socially awkward. I love Twitter, but sometimes it just makes me feel more alone. There have been so many times when I feel like I'm incapable of forming strong relationships or interacting well with people as well as the majority of those that I know. This confession has been running in my mind over and over and over for over a month now, and it does feel good to finally get the words out of my head.

13.  I've never seen a James Bond movie.
And I've never been very interested.

14. I've never seen Star Wars or Star Trek or anything related to either one of them.
I know very, very little besides either one. My limited knowledge came from That 70s Show and various movies, tv shows, or books that reference either or both of these . . . star show/movie/series things.

15. I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift anymore.
Around the time Red released, I started disliking her. I still loved her previous music and there were a few songs on her new album that I liked, but there was just something about her that I just . . . don't like. Now, whenever one of her songs comes on the radio, I immediately change the channel.

I apologize to Holly and Nova for this confession.

I'm okay with being a hater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.