Saturday, February 21, 2015

Love-a-Thon Kickoff ~ Questionnaire

The 2015 Love-A-Thon has officially begun! If you want to know more about it, read this post. I see it as a fun blogging event to spread the love. I participated in it last year (on Twitter, at least) and I'm really excited about getting more into it this year! You don't want to miss out on this.☺

QUESTIONNAIRE
1. What’s your name?

Kaitlin

2. Where in the world are you blogging from?

Inside my house on a hill in a boring area on the West Coast of the U.S.

How did you get into blogging in the first place?

I was thinking of it a lot near the end of my junior year in high school. I thought, "as soon as my summer break starts, I'm going to try this blogging thing out." Then, on June 8th 2013, that's exactly what I did.

How did you come up with your blog name?

I remained clueless for a long time, then decided to base it off my favorite quote. I actually wrote a post about the story behind my blog name!
“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.” ~ Walt Disney
What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?

YA contemporary! It's my favorite genre.

What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?

I post a Waiting on Wednesday and a Stacking the Shelves every week, as well as an occasional Top Ten Tuesday list. I sometimes have blog tour posts or author features. I'm working on posting a lot more discussions. I like to post lists and other random posts, too.

Best blogging experience so far?

I don't think there's any one single moment, but as a whole, the best blogging experience I've had is interacting with bloggers, authors, and book lovers on Twitter.

Favorite thing about the blogging community?

The people.☺

Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
Prom Bitch by Ami Allen-Vath
Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

What’s an underrated underappreciated book or series that you highly recommend?

I absolutely LOVE the Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld. It's so much fun. And so creative! There are amazing drawings inside by Keith Thompson too (who did the Grisha trilogy map).

Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?

Blogging, knitting, watching tv, and . . . that's about it. Oh, and I love to volunteer! I'm going to be a bit behind on this event in the beginning because I help out at a food pantry on Saturday mornings.

Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?

I love shopping for clothes! I don't buy them often, but I love looking.

At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?

Uptown Funk!

That's all I have for this post! Leave a link to your own questionnaires if you're participating. I'll check them out when I get home today.☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.