Monday, March 23, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (26) ~ Books From My Early Teens That I Want to Revisit

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and a weekly meme where we simply make a top ten list for the week's topic.

Top 10 Books From My Childhood Early Teens That I Would Love To Revisit

I'm going to pick books I read in middle school! I don't really want to revisit many books I read before then. I may do some reminiscing over a few. 

There's a story with this one: in sixth grade, I went to see The Clay Cart at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival with a club that I was in. One of the teachers that came with us bought some books in the gift shop, and I must have shown interest in a few (I don't remember exactly how this happened) because she let me borrow a few for the summer! I loved Shiva's Fire and I've been wanting to get a copy of my own and revisit the story for years.

I've been meaning to get a copy of this for my own and reread it too! I'm pretty sure this is one that I just found in my school library and thought was interesting looking. This one amazed me. It has stuck with me for a long time.

I loved this series! It was a lot a fun. I don't remember finishing the series, though. I remember reading all of the other ones and intending to read the last one, but I don't think I got to it. . . . 

This is one of my favorite series!

I picked this one up because of the cover! It was an interesting story. I just have felt like rereading it sometime.

I can't believe I've only read this once! I want to see if I would love it as much as the first time. I wouldn't mind reviewing this one.

This used to be one of my favorite series, but then . . . things just got to be too much. I got a little tired of it. I do want to restart the series, finally get past the seventh book, and read the rest of the books. It would fun to do reviews too.

My blog's name is based on a quote that mentions Treasure Island. I have a treasure chest in my blog design. Tell me you wouldn't feel like revisiting this book if you were in my shoes.
“There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.” ~ Walt Disney 
I started this at the end of 8th grade and continued reading it during the summer. I read all of it on my phone app, and it took me forever to get through. I want to go back to it and read it in print, and hopefully, appreciate it more. I would probably be into more now.

This was the first classic I read on my own, outside of class. That was in seventh grade. I loved it, but I think I would love it (and understand) it even more now.

Honorable Mentions
I really want to go back to The Inheritance Cycle and the Septimus Heap series and finish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.