Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Armchair BEA Day 1 ~ Intro Post!

Hi fellow bloggers (and any non-blogger reading this)! I'm really excited to take part in Armchair BEA this year. This is my first time participating in this. I'm looking forward to interacting with bloggers both new and familiar to me and visiting other participants' blog posts.☺


Without further ado, here are the five questions I decided to answer for my intro. 

Tell us a bit about yourself: How long have you been blogging? Where are you from? How did you get into blogging?

I've been blogging for nearly two years now. (June 8th is my blogoversary--keep an eye out for some fun stuff here around that time! I'm blogging from a book filled room in a small house on a hill in Oregon (but not the exciting part of the state). I got into blogging because I wanted my very own space to post my reviews and bookish thoughts on.

Why do you loving reading and blogging?

There are so MANY reasons for both!

Reading makes me really happy (or in some cases really sad because the book is super sad, but that actually makes me happy because that means the book was great). A great read has the ability to suck me into the story and make me forget about the rest of the world. Sometimes finishing a great book is so darn exciting that it's incredibly hard to contain (which results in huge grins, all caps responses, etc.). I absolutely love all the feelings involved in reading. :)

Blogging makes me happy too, but in a different way. I love how it makes me use at least a little creativity, even though I think of myself as so NOT creative. I love the freedom and control I have over my blog--I can post when I want, format how I want, write whatever I want, etc. I love the bookish (and nonbookish) conversations I have with fellow bloggers and book lovers. I love the friendships that I've developed. Heck, I love how blogging gives me an extra reason to use spreadsheets and (try to) be organized. :D

What does diversity mean to you?

For me, diversity means . . .
  • a more accurate representation of the society that's reflected in pretty much every single book.
  • being fair to all groups of people instead of focusing so much attention on only a few groups.
  • a learning experience because there's so much I don't know about minority groups, different cultures, etc. and I learn a lot from reading books.
Share your favorite blog post on your blog. (aka written by you!)

I'm not sure if this is my top favorite, but it's the one that sticks out to me the most right now. I wrote a post about "Me" Reads and what that term means to me. I got really, really into this subject and it's one of my favorite discussion ideas that I've come up with.

What book are you most looking forward to reading this summer?

This changes depending on my mood because there's a lot that I'm planning to read. At the moment, Heart of Betrayal is the one I'm the most excited for! I just finished The Kiss of Deception a couple days ago and all that was running through my head afterward was I NEED THE SEQUEL. WHEN DOES IT COME OUT? July seems like a painful wait (even though it's less than two months away).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.