Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Armchair BEA Day 2 ~ Social Media


Hi everyone! Here is the description of this topic from the Armchair BEA site
How do you use social media to expand your blogging/writing horizons? Social Media is all about networking and connections, and utilizing today's technology to the fullest. Make sure you mention your own social media pages. Do you have another blog, maybe a Tumblr? Have a Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook? Or maybe there's an underrated social media program that you like.
I don't think I would be very into blogging if I wasn't into social media as well. In a way, it's what actually got me into blogging. When I started reviewing, I became very active in Goodreads groups and helped moderate a couple. I also had a Tumblr that I posted book quotes to, but it wasn't working as a blog for me because I didn't socialize with other members there. So, without social media, I doubt this blog would even exist.

I use Twitter (and sometimes Instagram) to connect with bloggers, authors, and other booklovers. Socializing there makes me feel like I'm truly a part of this awesome community. I've made my best blogging friendships on that site--not on here. I mean, having a blog has made it easier to build connections, but it didn't give me them. Social media is what made that happen.

If you're a blogger that isn't very active on any social media sites, I highly suggest you get onto Twitter (or Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, etc.) and start talking to other booklovers. It's a LOT of fun and you'll most likely feel more a part of this community than you did before. There's a lot of socializing that you can do outside of your blog posts and comments. Take advantage of the great sites where you can meet and get to know great people.☺

That's it for me today! What is your favorite social media site?

In case you want to find me on social media, here are links to the ones I'm most active on.
Twitter / Tumblr / Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.