Saturday, June 20, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (71) ~ So Much Excitement in One Week!

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves. I like to use the meme to also give a recap of the week's posts.
(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads.)

Ebooks
I had pre-ordered both of these. It was exciting to get them on my Kindle at the same time.☺

For Review
Thank you to Ingrid Seymour, Jennifer Foxcroft, Sanovia @ CreatyveBooks! I'll be reviewing these for A Month of Indies, an event Sanovia is hosted all July.

I'm super excited to read DreamstriderEvery Word is the sequel to one of my favorite books from last year, so I'm excited to read that one too.

Thank you to Red Adept Publishing, Tundra Books, Macmillan, and Negalley for these review copies!

Print - Lots of Sources

Thank you to Andye @ Reading Teen for Court of Fives and After the Red Rain! I'll be reviewing these for her blog. I've almost done with After the Red Rain and it's . . . interesting, but I like it. :)

Thank you to Nikki Wang for trading with me! The Secret Side of Empty looks like a good contemporary. And the book jacket is so soft!

Thank you to Jennifer Walkup for This Ordinary Life!

Funny story: I was at the bookstore yesterday for that book signing I'm mentioning in a bit. I had Every Ugly Word and was looking for another paperback. I picked up The One (because I'm planning to read the first three books of the series in August), bought it, then went to find my mom. Right next to where I found her was the preowned non-YA section and I stopped to see if anything good was there. And right in front of me was Uprooted AKA THE BOOK I'VE BEEN DYING TO GET MY HANDS ON for only $15. So, I made two separate purchases at the store. . . . 

Rudyard Kipling's Tales of Horror and Fantasy was given to me by my friend's mom.

A Brief Book Signing Recap
I met an author--the first author I've ever met (also the first person I knew from Twitter)--yesterday! Apparently Aimee L. Salter lives in my area and I somehow never knew it until this week. I heard that she was having a signing at my bookstore and I absolutely could not miss it (especially since I've been familiar with her book for awhile). When I got to the store, I walked up to the table and said "hi, you know me from Twitter," and she immediately knew who I was and stood up to give me a hug. She, my friend (who came with me), and I talked for a little bit and then my friend and I got signed books and bookmarks. It was a really exciting day.☺

Swag!
 I got some really cool swag this week! The Strand bookmark came with my trade from Nikki and the This Ordinary Life swag came with the ARC I won. I got the Every Ugly Word from Aimee. I found a little display of free Go Set a Watchman bookmarks at my bookstore, and I absolutely had to have one! 

#YAParty
Thank you so much to NOVL, Liza, Hannah, and Andye for this NOVL Box!! It was so exciting to win this!


The Swag: NOVL bag, water bottle/infuser, carabiner, insulator thingy (I don't know the technical name), and a shot glass. (Yes, a shot glass, which I thought was both odd and kinda cool.)
Posts
I have an exciting event running right now! Here are the features from this week!
Reading

Next up is Angelfall (reread), World After, End of Days, and Everything Everything.

Life
This felt like a really long week, but it a really good way. I've been doing a lot of blogging, reading, planning, tweeting--I've even been commenting! I've been in this huge commenting slump for the last couple months and I'm finally (slowly) pulling myself out of it.☺

That's it for me this week! How about you? How has your week been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.