Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I Shall Conquer You, September

Oh September. Why must you have SO MANY BOOK RELEASES? If you have a lot of fall ARCs and/or BEA, you might feel a little overwhelmed (unless you've read more of them). If there's a lot of books you're excited to buy that month, you may feel similarly overwhelmed.

I have to admit that I haven't really touched my fall ARCs yet. I remember being in this position last year and I know I underestimated the time it took to get through all the books (I never did finish all of them). July has been kinda like a reviewing break for me, but I have been making preparations to conquer September. 



Planning . . . Lots of It

I'll probably abandon 70% of my plans, but making them does keep me focused. Plus, it usually involves a spreadsheet or a calendar and I have fun working with those.

I've gotten more into Google Calendar and have added potential dates of reviews. Here's what August looks like (well, at the time of writing this--it's probably different by the time you see this).


Yellow = reviews of books I haven't read yet (it can also be potential posts)
Blue = posts that are supposed to go up that date (or just ones I want to go up then)
Green = scheduled post
Orange = book releases

Along with that, I made a reading schedule! Now, I know I'm not going to stick closely to this because my mood won't allow me to stick to it. But looking at it is motivating. It reminds me that there are a lot of books I want to get to!


ARC August

This is a challenge that a bunch of other bloggers are taking part in as well. I'm hoping that this will keep me motivated. Other participants and some blogging friends will most likely root me on (or I hope), which can help a lot!

The Idea of Improving My ARC Habit Stats

I recently posted a bunch of stuff about my ARC habits: numbers, late titles per month, graphs, review times, pie charts, etc. From those posts, it's obvious that I have a lot of improving to do and I'm determined to do that. It's a big goal of mine to do better with reviewing this fall than I did last year.

Allowing for Flexibility

Allowing myself to change things around or reviewing a little later than I intend to should help make sure my personal battle against September isn't that stressful. I'm intending to have fun with this! Sure, I can't avoid all the stress, but I can make the little bit I know I'll have easier to handle.


Your turn! Tell me if you have plans to conquer September (and maybe October, too). Do you like to make plans, even if you know they'll change? Is September an overwhelming month for book releases?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.