Sunday, July 12, 2015

SBPT ~ 5 Book Quotes Jaclyn Loves!

I'm excited to be a part of the Summer Blogger Promo Tour! Thank you to The Book Bratz for hosting this. It's a lot of fun. To learn more about this event, check out this post

What's going on here?
For the Sundays of July and August, I'll be featuring guest posts from bloggers from a group I was assigned to! Guest posts by me will also be posted on their blogs. Come back every Sunday to discover a new blogger or learn more about one you already know.☺

Today I'm featuring Jaclyn from Living in a World of Book Quotes! Here's some info about her from her About Me page:
I love reading. What I love most about reading, and what makes reading so special to me are the quotes. Amazing quotes are what takes a book onto a whole new level. “When reading, we don’t fall in love with the characters’ appearance. We fall in love with their words, their thoughts, and their hearts. We fall in love with their souls.”
Read on to read about 5 book quotes Jaclyn loves and why.

1. "Its ok to be happy" -Small Circles by Megan Duke

This quote is so simple but has a lot of impact. I like this quote because sometimes people forget with all the hardships and tragedies in their life, that they sometimes forget to appreciate and love the little things in their life that makes them happy. This is was happens throughout the Small Circles series. That no matter what the characters have gone through, even if it feels like you can't push through, you can.

2. “I concentrated instead on the feeling of pure elation that just the thought of him brought about. I thought about being close to him and how, even when we were surrounded by a group of people, we still managed to create our own world.” pg. 248 Caged by Sophie Davis 

I think this is such a beautiful quote. I think it's important, if you choose, to find someone in your life where no matter how many people are in the room, you and the most important person in your life will always find one another.

3. “I feel safe here, I feel like I can be me.” pg. 45 Hunted by Sophie Davis

Again, this is such a simple quote, but I think that its very important to remember. There are so many people that will try to be someone they are not and end up not being happy. I find it so extremely important to feel like you can be yourself and always remember to be surrounded by others that accept you for who you are. Don't ever surround yourself with people who aren't okay with the real you. You truly will feel the safest when you can be you and be okay with who you are.

4. “I’ve always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect. His eyes searched mine intently, and for a moment we stood there toe to toe. “The ones who throw their beauty around, waste what they have? Their beauty is only passing. It’s just a shell hiding nothing but shadows and emptiness.”” Pg. 70 Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I agree with this. Sometimes the most beautiful people are the ones who want others to see something else in them. They want to be known for more important aspects of their personality because its true that who you are on the inside makes you who you are, not what you are on the outside. Its unfortunate that society puts soooo much emphasis on what we look like on the outside, that sometimes we forget whats most important.
5. "He's like a song she can't get out of her head. Hard as she tries, the melody of their meeting runs through her mind on an endless loop each time as surprisingly sweet as the last, like a lullaby, like a hymn, and she doesn't think she could ever get tired of hearing it." - The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith 
Besides quotes, I find song lyrics just as important and meaningful, which is why I liked this quote from The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. I like how the girl is comparing her meeting the boy to a song because it paints a beautiful image in your mind about her feelings towards the boy. 

I hope you liked Jaclyn's post! If you're curious, here's my full SBPT schedule.

Ana @ Ana Loves...
Jaclyn @ Living in a World of Book Quotes
Kaitlin @ Next Page Please!
Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
Preethi @ Time Turning Reads
Stephanie @ Ohana Reads
Jessica @ Crossroad Reviews
Amber & Jessica @ The Book Bratz 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.