Sunday, July 26, 2015

SBPT ~ Giselle's Favorite Book Cover Elements!

I'm excited to be a part of the Summer Blogger Promo Tour! Thank you to The Book Bratz for hosting this. It's a lot of fun. To learn more about this event, check out this post
What's going on here?
For the Sundays of July and August, I'll be featuring guest posts from bloggers from a group I was assigned to! Guest posts by me will also be posted on their blogs. Come back every Sunday to discover a new blogger or learn more about one you already know.☺

Today I'm featuring Giselle from Book Nerd! I've been familiar with her blog and YouTube channel for awhile and she's always been one of those bloggers I've looked up to. So, I'm pretty happy that I get the opportunity to feature her here!

My favourite elements of book covers have to be a beautiful illustration, gorgeous typography or photos. Sometimes I'm even drawn to the colour and I end up just picking it up because it's my favourite one. I think I fall in love with most typographic covers only because I find them so intricate and well designed. I'm fascinated as to how the illustrator started it and the process they go through for each one. Even random chapter headings with the swirls and graphical  elements, I love it. One of my favourite illustrators has to be Jessica Hirsche. She designed the Barnes and Noble Leatherbound editions and I absolutely love them all.


I think the most important aspect of a cover is how beautifully designed it is inside and out. Though I tend to judge a book by its cover, I'm trying hard not to. There are beautiful stories in some of the ugliest covers and the story is what really matters after all.

Giselle San Miguel
Those books are so beautiful!!! I hope you liked Giselle's post! Here's my full SBPT schedule, if you want to check it out.

Ana @ Ana Loves...
Jaclyn @ Living in a World of Book Quotes
Kaitlin @ Next Page Please!
Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
Preethi @ Time Turning Reads
Stephanie @ Ohana Reads
Jessica @ Crossroad Reviews
Amber & Jessica @ The Book Bratz 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.