Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (57) ~ Sex, Virginity, and Love

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What am I waiting on?


Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn
January 5th, 2016 by St. Martin's Press
Goodreads description:
Seventeen-year-old Mercedes Ayres has an open-door policy when it comes to her bedroom, but only if the guy fulfills a specific criteria: he has to be a virgin. Mercedes lets the boys get their awkward, fumbling first times over with, and all she asks in return is that they give their girlfriends the perfect first time- the kind Mercedes never had herself.

Keeping what goes on in her bedroom a secret has been easy- so far. Her absentee mother isn’t home nearly enough to know about Mercedes’ extracurricular activities, and her uber-religious best friend, Angela, won’t even say the word “sex” until she gets married. But Mercedes doesn’t bank on Angela’s boyfriend finding out about her services and wanting a turn- or on Zach, who likes her for who she is instead of what she can do in bed.

When Mercedes’ perfect system falls apart, she has to find a way to salvage her reputation and figure out where her heart really belongs in the process. Funny, smart, and true-to-life, FIRSTS is a one-of-a-kind young adult novel about growing up.
Why am I waiting on it?

I. Need. This. Book. I love YAs that take on the subject of sex head on in a great, positive way. They can be pretty thought provoking. I absolutely can not wait to get my hands on Firsts


I'm so excited for this one that I changed my entire WoW schedule just to tell you all about how excited I am. This was supposed to go up near the end of August. :D

That's my WoW this week! What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.