Friday, July 17, 2015

Who Doesn't Love Pictures of Books?

Thank you to Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight for tagging me in the Bookshelf Tag! This one took a lot of time to do, but it was a lot of fun.☺

Describe your bookshelf (or wherever it is you keep your books-it doesn’t actually have to be a shelf!) and where you got it from.
Do you have any special or different way of organizing your books?


I don't really know where my bookshelf came from. When I moved into my brother's old room, it was in there and I've had it ever since! 

As for organization...it's kinda all over the place, yet somewhat systematic. My actual bookshelf is my entire print TBR. The top is made up of books I either want to get to sooner than the others or have recently acquired. (There are a couple random other ones that didn't fit in the below shelves.) The second shelf is organized by author's last name for now. Then the bottom is adult and ARC editions.




Here are some places I keep a mix of books I've read/haven't read. I have a box in front of my shelf and a bunch under or on the other side of my desk (10 of varying sizes). Then I always have stacks of books on my desk. They're usually ones I've recently read/acquired, but sometimes there are others mixed in.



My "read shelf" is my dresser and two small shelves next to it. I put a lot of series/favorites in this area because I would rather display them than put them in boxes. (This and my TBR shelf are double stacked.)


What is the thickest/biggest book on your shelf?


Technically, it's the His Dark Materials omnibus edition because Les Mis is in a box instead of on my shelf. :D Les Mis is at least a couple hundred pages thicker (His Dark Materials is 933 pages).


And the thinnest?


This thing is tiny--only 121 pages


Is there a book from a friend on your shelf?


I don't think I have any from friends offline...but I have quite a few from Montana, my current #OTSPSecretSister! 

Here are some of the books from her:

Most expensive book?


That's tough. I buy a lot of my books at sale/discounted prices (both new and used), so I manage to avoid buying expensive books.

The last book you read on your shelf?


I liked reading Rebel Mechanics! My review is going up on Sunday!



Do you have more than one copy of a book?

Siege and Storm! I have a signed hardcover and a paperback with my blog name in the back. I avoid getting multiple copies/editions of a book, but I have good reasons for having both of these. I also have two paperbacks of A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (one signed, one not signed), but one is in a box.


Do you have the complete series of any book series?


One of my completed series is Vampire Academy! Other ones include the Grisha trilogy, the Gone series, the Cahill Witch Chronicles, Percy Jackson, and the Gemma Doyle trilogy.



What’s the newest addition to your shelf?


The newest additions are the four books I last got from Montana: Soundless, Daughter of Deep Silence, Tonight the Streets Are Ours, and Under a Painted Sky

What’s the most recently published book on your shelf?




The oldest book on your shelf?

I have no clue!

A book you won?



A book you’d hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you never let someone borrow)?


Hmm...I'm not sure if I have one.

Most beat up book?


Okay, if I had another copy of Dreamland, THAT would be my answer to the previous question. I lent this book to a friend and she accidentally left it out in the rain one day. I can still read it, though!




Most pristine book?


My ARC of Daughter of Deep Silence is one of them. It's brand new!

A book from your childhood?




A book that’s not actually your book?


I don't think I have any of these on my shelf.

A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover etc.)?


Can I pick the His Dark Materials omnibus for this one? I mean, it is kinda special...

A book that is your favorite color?





Book that’s been on your shelf the longest that you STILL haven’t read?


This is another one I don't know!

Any signed books?


This is the only book I had signed in person!



I hope you had fun looking at all these photos! I'm not going to tag anyone except Denise (who showed interest in doing this one). But if you really want to do this one, go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.