Thursday, August 27, 2015

Review ~ Finding Center by Katherine Locke

Note: The book description is spoilery, but the review is not.☺

Series: District Ballet Company #2
Genre: NA contemporary
Publication Date: August 17th, 2015
Publisher: Carina Press
Goodreads Description (spoiler alert)
Zed and ballet are my two greatest loves

It took all of Aly's strength to get them back after a tragic accident ripped them from her six years ago. A long road to recovery led to her return, dancing full-time for the District Ballet Company and carrying Zed's child. But Aly is slipping. Each day becomes a fight to keep her career from crumbling under the weight of younger talent, the scrutiny of the public eye and the limitations of her ever-changing body. A fight she fears she's losing.

I'm scared Aly is broken to her core

Zed recognizes the signs, but he doesn't know how to fix her. The accident left him with his own demons, and while he wants nothing more than to take care of the woman he loves, it's getting harder the farther downward she spirals. When Aly's life is threatened and Zed's injuries prevent him from saving her, he's never felt so useless, so afraid he's not capable of being the man Aly and their child needs.

With new life comes new hope. And with their fractured lives already hanging by a thread, Aly and Zed must discover if they have what it takes—both together and apart—to rebuild and carry on.
Source: I received an e-ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I love Aly and Zed so much! Second Position was an emotional roller coaster, so when I found out about Finding Center, I was scared. What pain would they go through next? Thankfully, this book wasn’t nearly as scary as I thought it would be. The things that happened were fitting for the couple and I’m happy this conclusion to their story was written.

There was more character growth! Aly dealt with new roles and changes in her life. As for Zed, he felt like something was missing from his life and he wanted to fix that. I feel like there wasn’t as much character growth in this book, but that’s probably because the changes weren’t as drastic.

Aly and Zed were a whirlwind at times. They both felt so deeply for one another and sometimes it became too intense for them. However, I loved the love and support the two gave each other. Even though they said they weren’t that great at communication, it still felt like they had an open and honest relationship. In Second Position, I sometimes found their relationship to be unstable and a little unhealthy, but the characters worked so hard to change that. They adapted. They grew. They paid attention to one another. I saw many healthy qualities in their relationship in this book!

Zed and Aly were so personal, so intimate, yet most of the sex scenes weren’t very detailed. That went well with the couple. It suited this book because more focus was put on feelings and touches and glances and thoughts and emotions than on the physical stuff. There was a good balance.

I should mention at least one thing besides these characters, huh? I Loved the dance aspect. It made certain scenes so wonderful and beautiful—just like a great piece of choreography.

Overall, Finding Center was a wonderful conclusion to Aly and Zed’s story! They went through so much. Reading their ending made my heart swell with happiness. It made me cry, but every tear was from joy.


2015 challenges this book counts towards:
105 Challenge
Netgalley and Edelweiss Review Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.