Saturday, August 8, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (77) ~ Back After Skipping a Week


This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves. I like to use the meme to also give a recap of the week's posts.
(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads.)


I didn't get any books in the last week of July, so that's why I didn't post a Stacking the Shelves last week. But I did get a bunch this week.☺

PRINT

EBOOKS
Received: Free to Fall (Thank you, Willa!)

Gifted: The Wrath and the Dawn, Jesse's Girl, Dangerous Lies, When We Collided (Thank you to Montana Golin and my current Secret Sister(?)!) 

I added the question mark because I'm not 100% certain The Wrath and the Dawn and Jesse's Girl came from my new #OTSPSecretSister. I didn't look at the receipt in case there was a name, and I didn't want to discover the person's identity quite yet in case it is from them.

Freebies: Impossible, Voices of Gods

For Review: His Work of Art, Suffer Love (Thank you to Kensington Books, HMH Books for Young Readers, Netgalley, and Edelweiss!)
Posts
Here are my posts from July 26th to July 31st since I didn't have a recap last Saturday:
SBPT ~ Giselle's Favorite Book Cover Elements!
Shoutout to the Ones I Didn't Review (2)
Top Ten Tuesday (33) ~ Calling All Booknerds
Review ~ Focus on Me by Megan Erickson
Waiting on Wednesday (58) ~ I Need to Read This Beauty
AMOI Review ~ Ignite the Shadows by Ingrid Seymour
I Shall Conquer You, September


And here's what I posted this week!
SST ~ Review of What You Left Behind
SBPT ~ Preethi's Favorite Romance Types
July Recap + August Stuff (I had to make some corrections to this one. Whoops.)
Waiting on Wednesday (59) ~ Another J. Lynn NA


Reading
So far in August, I have finished What You Left Behind, Finding Center, Every Word, and Cut Both Ways. I did NOT finish The Night We Said Yes, and . . . I probably won't go back to it. It's been three weeks since I started it and I just have no more interest in it.

My currently reading shelf is a little hectic right now: Walk on Earth a Stranger, Persuasion, The Final Empire (a reread), and Illuminae. I find it funny that all of them are types of books I tend to take a longer time to read (a historical fiction, a classic, a 500+ page adult/YA-ish fantasy, and a 600+ page sci-fi). Yet I'm reading them all at the same time. :D By the way, Illuminae? WHAT AN INTENSE BOOK. 

Next up is . . . oh, I don't know. I've recently resorted to asking other people pick for me since I have so many options.

Life
THAT WAS FAST. This week went by in a blink of an eye and it's startling. It must've been all the books and tv shows (well, one--Under the Dome) I immersed myself in all week.  

That's it for me this week! How about you? How has your week been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.