Saturday, August 15, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (78) ~ The Heart Eyes Emoji Edition

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we share what books we have recently added to our physical or virtual shelves. I like to use the meme to also give a recap of the week's posts.

PRINT
This is the Barnes & Noble edition and it. IS. SO. BEAUTIFUL.


EBOOKS


I ordered The Son of Neptune offline, but everything else came from a yard sale or Goodwill. I also found bookmarks in a couple of the books!

Result of a bribe/Book Lovers Day present: Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales, Secret Garden (coloring book)

My mom had been bugging me about something for maybe a month or so, and she finally used books to try to make me do it. As you can tell, that was very effective.
For Review: The Dead HouseWonderland, Jillian Cade: (Fake) Paranormal Investigator, The Devil and Winnie Flynn (Thank you to Soho Teen, Pocket Star, Netgalley, and Edelweiss!)

Here's some of my progress with the Secret Garden coloring book! The pages take forever to finish, but it's worth it because they're so pretty with all the colors. 
Posts
SBPT ~ Quick Lists with Stephanie!
Top Ten Tuesday (34) ~ Authors I've Read the Most From
Waiting on Wednesday (60) ~ Ice and Tattoos


It's been a quiet here these last couple weeks! I've barely been using my laptop because I haven't been in the mood, but I'll probably have a bunch of posts this coming week.

Reading

I finished IlluminaeThe Final Empire (a reread), Walk on Earth a Stranger, Every Last PromiseI'm currently reading Persuasion, When We Collided, and I Crawl Through It. I'm also listening to The Hunger Games on audiobook. It was one of the only ones available from my digital library that I have read before, and I really wanted to try listening to a book while coloring.

Next up is Violent Ends and The Wanderers!

Life
Like last week, this one went by too quickly. The most eventful thing that happened was finding out who A was in PLL. It was very . . . anticlimactic. There are so many exciting moments in the show, but the reveal fell flat. The best part was the this silly bet my mom and I made. If our theory was correct, we would go to eat at a restaurant for her birthday. If we were wrong, we would take something home to eat. So . . . we're bringing home Subway!

Today (August 15), is my mom's birthday!! *throws confetti* The day is probably going to consist of Subway, Criminal Minds, and ice cream. My present to her was Lord of the Flies, which she kept telling me she wanted to read. 

That's it for me this week! How about you? How has your week been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.