Monday, August 31, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (35) ~ Characters I Had Trouble Clicking With

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and a weekly meme where we simply make a top ten list for the week's topic.


Ten Characters You Just Didn't Click With

I'm including characters that I neither liked nor hated. I felt mostly apathetic towards all of them. Some annoyed me, but for the most part, I don't have much of anything to say.

Edit: I gave all of these books between 1 and 2.5 stars besides Falling Kingdoms (which had a lot of other characters in it). Clicking with characters are a big deal for me.

I wish I clicked more with Will Caynes from Cut Both Ways, but *shrugs* It was tough. Melissa from Talker 25 annoyed me because I couldn't connect to her emotions. Amber from No Place to Fall was boring. I didn't click with Eveny from The Dolls because she didn't feel fleshed out enough to get to know.

I couldn't connect to Taylor from A Taylor-Made Life, which made it tough to connect to the book at all. Caggie from The Edge of Falling, Alex from Where Silence Gathers, Lucia from Falling Kingdoms are all ones that I don't have much of anything to say about. 

And lastly . . . characters from books I've DNFed
Amelia from Bleed Like Me felt very flat to me. I couldn't sense any emotions from her. And Lailah from Lailah just bored me. 

Did you have trouble clicking with any of these characters?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.