Thursday, September 10, 2015

Adulting By the Books


I hope I didn't fool you with the title. ;)

I'm constantly saying that I want to read more adult books, but I rarely GET to them. Since pretty much everything I read is either YA or NA, adult books are a little out of my comfort zone. They're just so new to me! I have a lot of fun looking through Goodreads or bookstores for interesting titles because there are so many that I've never heard of. It's like a candy store filled with sweets I've never tried, but am eager to sample.

I have yet to do much sampling, but I want to start trying more adult books really soon this year. To make this a little more fun, I've put together a list of books I've had my eye on.☺

The Bourbon Kings
I've heard a lot about J.R. Ward and I really want to give one of her books a try. I've eyed her series for a long time, but I think I'd rather start with her latest book.

Castles Ever After series
This is all because of Alyssa @ The Eater of Books! When a Scott Ties the Knot has caught my eye and Alyssa loved it, but since I always like to read a series in order, the first two books have to come first.

On Dublin Street
(This one may be more NA than adult.) I've had my eye on this one for a REALLY long time. Way too long. Samantha Young is a great author, so that just makes me more interested in it. I was always been scared off by its steaminess, but I'm almost 20 years old, damn it. I'm totally old enough for it. (Plus, I'm more comfortable with steaminess in books now than I was a couple years ago.)

My Beautiful Enemy
I read the YA prequel and really enjoyed it! I WANT MORE OF THE CHARACTERS.

Outlander
Love the show, have the book! It's pretty thick, and I'm not entirely sure when I'm going to be in the mood to read a long book book that's also out of my comfort zone.

Sharp Objects
I'm more interested in this one than Gone Girl! It just seems so . . . I don't know. Interesting? Dark? Raw? Plus, that cover begs me to read it.

Changing His Game
I want to read all of Megan Erickson's books, even this one! I'm not in love with the idea of it, but it would be something different for me.

Lies of Locke Lamora
The Gentleman Bastard series comes very, very highly recommended! It's been on my Kindle for a long time. Adult fantasy is something I want to dive deeper into, and this will probably be one of the books I start with.

The Bone Season
I have this one! I bought this one after reading some pretty good reviews for it. It intrigues me.

Vicious
*hides* I know, I know. How have I not read this one??

City of Stairs
I traded for this one because a) adult fantasy b) the world looks really interesting and c) great reviews. 

Vermilion
I saw Renae @ Respiring Thoughts tweeting about how diverse this book is, and I added it to my Goodreads after reading her review. This book sounds DIFFERENT--at least, from what I usually read. I'm really curious about it.

More Books I Discovered Through Renae
I consider Renae my go-to blogger for when I want to discover good adult books. I usually discover them as she updates her progress on Twitter. Other times, I just look through her reviews on Goodreads to see what pops out to me.

Are any of these MUST-READS? Do you read a lot of adult books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello potential commenter! Thank you for visiting my blog! Comments always brighten my day. :) I'll try to reply as soon as I can.